Princess Anne has NEVER looked more like a detective than she does this week. Also: LLAMAS! Sheep races? KISSING! Karl Lagerfeld!
And before I take us on our traditional trot around the internet, a reminder that our book, The Royal We, comes out THIS UPCOMING TUESDAY (although if you are in Canada, it’s on shelves in certain Chapters right now [EDITED: We've been told that Canada has pulled the books from the shelves and are now holding them until Tuesday, when they are officially on sale, so don't go in this weekend looking for the book. Canada has been exciting on this front this week!] We are so so excited for you to FINALLY get to read it, and we hope that you love it. We can’t wait for you to meet Nick and Bex. And Freddie. Definitely Freddie. In aid of the book, we are doing some signings this upcoming week and we’d love to meet you.
You can come out and say hello:
Tuesday, APRIL 7: NEW YORK, NY
Book Culture on Columbus, 7 p.m.
450 Columbus Avenue (between 81st and 82nd)
New York, NY, 10024
Thursday, APRIL 9: WASHINGTON, D.C.
Kramerbooks, 6:30 p.m. (They have a bar on the premises!!)
1517 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
For more details, and to RSVP (again, optional, but helpful), click here. Seating at Kramerbooks is going to be limited, but there will be plenty of standing room (and we won’t drone on forever, don’t worry). If you require wheelchair accessible seating or require a reserved seat, please contact Sarah at Sarah@kramers.com and one will be happily reserved for you!
We have other events coming up later in Los Angeles and Chicago, and those deets are here at our Events and Signings page. Put on your fascinators and come on by!
And now, back to your regularly scheduled goodness elsewhere:
- Vanity Fair suggests some baby gifts for Baby Cambridge Part Deux
- People’s got the scoop, as ever, on the Lindo Wing, where Kate will be having said baby. (I always want to call it The Lido Deck. DON’T have a baby on the Lido Deck.)
- People ALSO reports that “Alice” is now in the lead at Ladbrookes as far as betting on the baby’s name, which, as you know, HAS BEEN MY PREDICTION FOR MONTHS.
- The Daily Beast thinks the baby might get here sooner than we all think. I’m sure Kate’s at home reading this right now, eating a Mars bar and muttering, “I wish.”
- Hello! tells me that Charlene and Albert have moved out of the palace, because every house they own is currently being renovated.
- Royally Scandinavian reports that Crown Princess Mary’s dresses are going to be on exhibition. Some of them. Not her entire wardrobe.
- Wills started his new job at the air ambulance. (Hello!)
- ALSO at Hello, apparently Wills and Harry’s cousin Louis Spencer is IN LOVE WITH Nicki Minaj (who is very funny about the entire thing). Please Jebus let Nicki Minaj marry a Spencer and ergo get invited to a bunch of W&K’s events in the future. (The Spencers are very attractive.)
- InStyle has complied a slideshow of Wills and Kate’s cutest moments.
- Chaz has requested that a pub be named after Camilla. I LONG ONE DAY FOR A MAN TO INSIST A PUB BE NAMED AFTER ME. (BBC)
- Maxima and W-A are coming to America!
- Oooh, diamond tiaras! (The Court Jeweller)