IT’S HOT HERE. Read these things:
– Did you know there’s a Go Fug Yourself Book Club on Goodreads? There is! This month’s selection is Code Name Verity, so get talking!
– VINTAGE WEDDING GOWNS. Cornelia Vanderbilt looks amazing; one bride is wearing “a giant crocheted condom.” Must see. (Retroette)
– Paper runs down the best, worst, and weirdest celebrity cookbooks. This is where I confess that the Gywneth Paltrow cookbooks are kinda good. I own both of them. I also (obviously) happen to own the Miss Piggy one in question.
– Thank you, Elle, for The Best Beach Reads to Transport You Around the World. I need transportation.
– Book Riot has curated a bunch of book-inspired shoes. We love books AND shoes!
– BOOZY POPSICLES? OKAY! (Cosmo)
– They played New Girl‘s True American over at Entertainment Weekly! It ended with a hangover.
– I appreciate Lucky‘s salute to Mindy Kaling’s Instagram.
– Benedict Cumberbatch, pointing at things. (Vanity Fair)
– Allison Williams is going to play the title role in NBC’s Peter Pan and I am actually totally fine with this. She can sing and she might be good. (I like Peter Pan, but it’s not HOLY TO ME the way Sound of Music is, and besides, what we’re all REALLY excited about is the possibility that the flying mechanism will malfunction.) (Lainey)
– Adam Driver and DanRad in the same movie? I might be in, you guys. (Pajiba)
– I love this: If MORE Famous Literary Characters Had Online Dating Profiles. (Barnes & Noble Book Blog)
– From Mental Floss, 31 Adorable Slang Terms for Sexual Intercourse from the Last 600 Years. I’m bringing back “horizontal refreshment.”
– Buzzfeed made a whole bunch of snap judgements on the upcoming batch of pilots.
– Here’s a whole bunch of Lee Pace pictures for you. (Celebitchy)
– Just gonna leave this here: British Men Romp Nude in Beautiful Homoerotic Glory. (Um. Not safe for work.) (The Cut)