HAPPY FRIDAY! At last. While you wait for your escape from the office, enjoy:
– Today is Harry Potter AND JK Rowling’s birthday (what a coincidence), and Time spoke to a variety of actors in the Harry Potter movies to get birthday wishes for Rowling. I loved this one: “Dear Miss Rowling, On the occasion of your birthday I trust you will be clothed in delicious pink garments surrounded by plates of purring kittens. These wishes come by order of Dolores Umbridge.” But they really are all lovely.
– Over at The AV Club, this is amazing: No, I didn’t call your shitty movie a “comedic masterstroke”
– This is fascinating, at Buzzfeed: How Teen Boys On The Internet Uncovered The Greatest Catfish Of Our Time. I hope the Ashlee Simpson theory proves to be true.
– Also at Buzzfeed, for some reason, this story really really made me laugh and I don’t know why: The 13 Stages Of “Holidays In The United States” Coming Up When You Email Yourself
– ALSO at Buzzfeed, Anne Helen Peterson’s take on Tom Cruise 2.0 is worth your while.
– Lainey is OF COURSE all over this scoop that Bffleck is allegedly dating the nanny. People is actually backing up Us Weekly‘s story.
– Also at Lainey, Michelle Williams is apparently dating Jonathan Safran Foer, the writer. My take on this news bit was basically exactly the same.
– You know they’re auctioning off a ton of Mad Men props and whatnot, right? I want the SCDP mug SO MUCH.
– People StyleWatch has a look at Melissa McCarthy’s clothing line; it looks pretty cute!
– Look at all these pictures of Grand Central in the 40s! (Travel & Leisure)
– If you haven’t yet read New York‘s cover story, in which 35 of Bill Cosby’s accusers tell their story, you really ought to. It’s exceptional.
– At Celebitchy: Is Calvin Harris going to propose to Taylor Swift with a $500K ring?
– Speaking of Taylor, you probably want to listen to Kelly Clarkson cover “Blank Space.” (Vulture)
– Four minutes of Bill Hader making weird faces and dancing. I love him. (Pajiba)
– Over at The Toast, If Lupita Nyong’o Were Your Girlfriend.
– This week’s recipe is SANGRIA SORBET. YES. (Host The Toast)