SOMEONE is starting her campaign for Fug Madness 2016 REAL EARLY.
Real talk: I love this. EXCEPT:
Whatever is happening on her legs. They’re like fishnet shoes — fishnoes? — and they are confusing at best. I actually think I would have liked them IF they had a toe. As is, they kind of weird me out. (“Weird me out” is a technical fashion term.) What say you?
In my ongoing saga of Not Knowing What Date It Is, I first dated this as “3015,” and then “2013.” NEITHER OF WHICH IS TRUE.
– Did you know that our new book, The Royal We, comes out on April 7th? Did you know that we’re currently giving away some awesome prize packs that you should enter to win? Now you know!
– Speaking of London (kinda): The Romantic-Comedy Lover’s Guide to London (Buzzfeed)
– Also at Buzzfeed, you must take this quiz. Who Said It: Kanye West Or Jean-Ralphio Saperstein?
– ALSO AT BUZZFEED, I cried laughing at this post about things people have bought whilst drunk.
– Relevant to our interests:Why Is American Figure Skating Losing the Cold War? (Rolling Stone)
– Dean Smith left money in his will to every single kid who ever played for him at North Carolina. (GQ)
– This is awesome: Every Argument About “Buffy” On The Internet, From 1998 Until Now (The Toast)
– The Decider takes a step back in time and revisits a SERIOUSLY BAD episode of Beverly Hills, 90210
– Speaking of TV, this makes me laugh: I Didn’t Watch TV for a Week Because I’m a Better Person Than You (Cosmo)
– While we’re doing Fug Madness, our friends at Forever Young Adult are devoting their own bracketology skillz to TEEN HEARTHROBS.
– WHAT??? Via the Washington Post: The soda industry is discovering what the future of Diet Coke looks like (and it isn’t pretty).
– Here’s Sophie Hunter’s wedding dress. I think it’s SO pretty on her. (Lainey)
– Dolly Parton says she’s never going to retire and I say, THANK GOODNESS. (Celebitchy)
We had an outing from Kate and Wills earlier today, which you can find in all its glory here. But that doesn’t mean this post isn’t full of STUFF. We’ve got everything from dead kings interred somewhere more appropriate than a car park to Harry at a rugby match to Maxima very seriously painting a wall to Eggs Benedict Cucumber Sandwich to Joan Collins.
Elsewhere on GFY, if you haven’t entered our final giveaway of The Royal We, you must! The contest is open to everyone, and in addition to a signed copy of The Royal We, we are giving away all kinds of goodies.
- Maclean’s coverage of Richard III’s reburial has been exceptionally interesting. Here’s coverage of the ceremony itself, and you HAVE TO read this piece about Richard’s descendant who built his coffin. It is FASCINATING and so, so good.
- History Extra from the BBC also had a good piece about public interest in Richard’s burial.
- And her Maj also wrote him a tribute, so I guess they’re all square now. As a Plantagenet, I am PLEASED.
- Royal Central has a primer on the changes in the royal succession laws that have FINALLY PASSED. I love that bits about people who are now BACK IN to the line of succession.
- Also at Royal Central, a first person account of meeting Prince Charles whilst he was in the US this week. Exciting! (It was RoyalObsessedinUS, who I know from Twitter!)
- Kate released a statement to The Times this week about the importance of children’s mental health, which is something she speaks out about a lot, and is obviously a huge priority for her. Good on you, Kate.
- People has a piece about Harry being spotted at Cressy’s opening night of h”er most recent stage effort.
- This is cute. A bunch of school children wrote Kate and Wills letters — with top tips for getting Prince George to sleep” – and they got letters back. I mean, how could you not? (Stamford Mercury)
- Chaz gave a speech about Earth Hour UK and yeah yeah yeah we’re all excited to save the planet, but we’re also excited about the very cute new picture of George he’s got displayed behind him. That is perhaps a bit of a response to the Daily Mail‘s “CHARLES NEVER SEES HIS GRANDCHILD” palaver of a few weeks back. (And good on him for it.)
- Celebs and royals photographer Dave Benett’s Instagram seems awesome, and our friend over at Duchess Diaries has rounded up some of his best snaps. There is a shot of Prince Charles, Prince, and Donatella Versace, and I totally thought Donatella was Lady Gaga.
- Hello’s got a good piece on the current wagering on Baby Cambridge #2′s name, and I’d like to remind you all that I’ve been saying “Alice” for MONTHS NOW. I shall be SO SMUG if I am correct.
- This is one of the reasons I enjoy Tatler so much: When the Countess of Harrowby isn’t writing racy novels, she keeps herself busy renovating Sandon Hall, her family’s glorious neo-Jacobean stately. INDEED SHE IS.
- And, from the Telegraph, this is SO FASCINATING:Bamber Gascoigne, the broadcaster, is to sell more than £2.2 million of treasures to help save West Horsley Place after ‘accidentally’ inheriting 50-room mansion
- This is great! The Court Jeweller has loads of updates about the upcoming Swedish Royal Wedding.
- It was Princess Eugenie’s 25th this week (I always think she’s older than that; don’t ask me why) and Hello! of course covered it in their usual fashion.
- We talked to Paper magazine about the royals, The Royals, and The Royal We.
[Photos: Getty, Koen van Weel/AFP/Getty Images, LISELOTTE SABROE/AFP/Getty]
No. 1 RIHANNA vs. No. 4 ROSE McGOWAN
It’s a shame to see either of these women go. They worked SO HARD for this, whether they knew it or not.
Whose fug reigns supreme?
- Rihanna (55%, 2,235 Votes)
- Rose McGowan (45%, 1,825 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,050
I happen to be watching The Vampire Diaries as I write this, and I just want to state for the record that Kat Graham is SO beautiful. Don’t allow this to sway you! (Prediction: this one might be VERY close.)