Happy Friday! How fast this year is already ticking away. While you ponder the unstoppable march of time, enjoy:
– This will start your weekend off correctly, thanks to Elle: She’s the Boss: Judith Light on Angela Bower, ‘Transparent,’ and Diamonds. YES. She looks amazing.
– Gawker’s (new?) book blog enumerates the 50 best first lines in fiction.
– And in honor of her birthday this past week, Flavorwire treats us to some of Jane Austen’s best insults from Pride and Prejudice.
– Yahoo Style addresses the death of the mani-cam. We think.
– Did you read about this new app that will give you a fake boyfriend for….reasons? Well, over at Jezebel, they tried it out and…it’s funny. Just read it.
– Cosmo talks to Empire‘s Grace Gealey about the show’s huge success and diversity on TV. And also jumpsuits.
– I agree with The Daily Beast here: PLEASE DON’T STEAM YOUR VAGINA, no matter what GOOP says.
– Stacy London’s Top Shelf was on Into The Gloss this week. I love her.
– This is an interesting interview with Lena Dunham at the Los Angeles Review of Books. This line, in particular, resonated with me: “Friendship, particularly female friendship, has always struck me as more romantic than romance, more familial than family, a complex world where we are reflected back to ourselves in broken/gilded/found-on-the-street mirrors. I love art that addresses the complexity of it.”
– I think you’ll enjoy Amal Clooney’s rejoiner about what she wore to court. (Lainey)
– These books of Fashion Through the Ages are gorgeous. (All Things Georgian)
–Pajiba celebrates the return of The Americans — such a good show — with a look at its wigs. WIGS!
– Speaking of The Americans, Fashionista talks to its costumer designer and you will want to read all about it.
– Buzzfeed asks the real question: HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW CENTER STAGE?
– I’m just going to share this headline with you, from Celebitchy: Johnny Depp is so bored of ‘Mortdecai’ that he made up a chupacabra attack