WHAT A WEEK. And I just saw the news coming out of Germany — if any of you are in Munich at the moment, I very much hope you and yours are safe.
Everyone, please feel free to pour yourself an entire bottle of wine and distract yourself with the following:
– Liz Meriweather is covering the RNC for Vulture and you guys. Her dispatches are PAINFULLY BRILLIANT. Read all of them, but for sure please read Last Weekend’s Hottest Romance Was the Doomed Coupling of T&P in the Trump-Pence Logo, and You Wouldn’t Understand Melania Trump’s My Little Pony Glimmer Truths.
– Via Deadline, Tara Lipinski is producing a drama for Hulu about competitive figure skaters. I AM IN.
– EXCELLENT. At Revelist: Every ‘Degrassi’ character ever, ranked.
– Michelle Obama’s Carpool Karaoke is great. (Vanity Fair)
– You know who else is great? John Cho, in this Vulture interview.
– Via The Guardian, FKA Twigs held a free dance workshop in Baltimore. This whole story is very heartwarming.
– Roxane Gay and poet Yona Harvey are writing a comic for Marvel (with Ta-Nehisi Coates, who writes Black Panther) and it sounds awesome. (New York Times)
– At the BBC: WW2 silk escape map dress sold in Harrogate. !!!!
– Speaking of celeb break-ups, RIP (officially, finally) Pacey and Diane. (Vanity Fair)
– At Elle: I Got a Haircut in Every Foreign City I Visited on Vacation. This is very touching and good. To wit: “Even today, when political and cultural differences can once again seem unbridgeably wide, reflecting back on these salons—where fans gently wafted hairspray-scented air, summer light filtered in hazily from the streets, and I was deeply reassured to find that most people are intelligent and kind, when you get to know them a little bit—I feel my heart beat more slowly and my fears of unknown others fade.”
– I loved this Top Shelf at Into The Gloss: Betty Halbreich, Personal Shopper, Bergdorf Goodman
– At The New Potato, Isaac Mizrahi is a delight.
- Via Bustle, MY HERO: An 86 year old woman thwarted a would-be robber using bacon as a weapon.
And, in case you missed any of this week’s highlights here at GFY:
- We covered every single outfit Patsy and Edina wore on AbFab. No, seriously, all six seasons of them.
- And we did not neglect Bubble.
- We had a GREAT afternoon chat about your favorite romance novels.
- GQ’s Matt Damon cover story had some great bits and pieces to it.
- Check in on Celine Dion’s latest.
- Heidi Klum’s casual wear is excellent.
- Look at all these jeans on everyone!
- WHAT IS MARIA BELLO WEARING?