Happy Friday, Fug Nation!
– Amelia McDonell-Parry is covering Serial‘s Adnan Syed’s Post-Conviction Hearing for The Frisky. It’s very interesting.
– Here’s some hot hot hot David Beckham. (Socialite Life)
– Lainey has the scoop on how Intern George proposed to Amal.
– I know you’re going to want to read THIS, in T: The Tiny London Shop Behind Some of the Very Best Libraries
– Related, at Laughing Squid: A Wonderful Film Compilation of The Incredible Joy That People Find Inside Bookstores and Libraries
– In The Guardian: Amazon fashion drama The Collection to star The Good Wife’s Mamie Gummer. I hope we get this here in the US. I have it on good authority that a Fug National is working on this!
– Claire Zulkey has written her own Konmari, which includes advice such as “Burn all your books. We will have a special book incineration ceremony in the town square this weekend followed by a tidiness parade. Please report your friends who do not attend.”
– Pajiba wonders, Is Rob Lowe The Greatest TV Actor Of The Last 20 Years?
– At Poetry Foundation, a lovely, fascinating piece about the ampersand.
– This is fun, and unexpectedly touching, at Buzzfeed: The NFL’s Longest-Tenured Kicker Tried To Teach Me How To Kick A Field Goal
– At The Hollywood Gossip, I have some doubts about what Ariel Winter is wearing.
– At Women in the World, a fascinating interview with artist Mickalene Thomas.
– Over at The New Potato, a Beginner’s Guide To Korean Skincare. A topic with which I am personally obsessed.
– I love stories about actors who were almost cast in an iconic role. At Celebitchy, we learn that Lisa Edelstein was almost Carrie Bradshaw. That one must have really stung.
– Finally, Heather and I interviewed Tyga (yes) for DuJour, and the interview turned out to be surprisingly revealing, albeit unintentionally.
– Other noteworthy stuff you might have missed around here at GFY include:
- Our coverage of the Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue
- Our recap of Grease! Live!
- Our recap of The People vs. OJ Simpson (the comments on that one are particularly good, I think)
- This week’s Afternoon Chat — about all our weird party tricks!
- A lively discussion about the casting of the male roles in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- And, way at the beginning of the week, during our SAGs coverage, the Hotness of Idris Elba
- Other Hot Dudes in Suits at the SAGS.
- And the Hotness of the Downton Abbey ladies, out of costume.