As Fashion Week ends, The Emmys begin! They are THIS SUNDAY, September 18th, and Heather and I will be live-blogging the red carpet for Vulture, starting at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern. We’ll definitely post a link here, on our Facebook, and on our Twitter (we’re @fuggirls), so please join us via some form of social media.
ALSO: Two weeks from Sunday, on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2ND, Heather and I will be appearing at the Orange County Children’s Book Festival, to read and sign our YA novel Spoiled. We’re on the Teen and Young Adult stage at 1pm. Please come out and see us!
– We saw Mischa Barton at our last Fashion Week show. She looked…clean? Amazing! (The Cut)
– Are we living in the golden age of male objectification? I SURE HOPE SO. I mean, um, can’t we all just be appreciated for our brains? (Vulture)
– NOW Lilo is throwing drinks. In front of her mom. Why does none of that surprise me in the least? (Lainey Gossip)
– I LOVE that, three weeks into her marriage, the tabs are already all, “KIM HATES KRIS.” It’ll be awkward when that story collides with the story about how she’s knocked up, which you know is coming. (Celebitchy)
– Did Nicki Minaj’s stylist plagiarize this look? It certainly sounds possible — and it’ll be interesting to see if her team has any response to this. (Fashionista)
– Don’t EVER let people use your credit card in Vegas. EVER. Or find yourself on the hook for TWENTY GRAND for a WEEKEND. That’s a lot of buffets. (Deadspin)
– The NY Times loves a loud football uni. We’re with you, NYT. (New York Times)
– Wow, they’re not kidding. These ARE strange houses. (Flavorwire)
–God. My notes to my maid NEVER sell for this much. Also, I don’t have a maid. So there’s that. (Time)
– Finally, this piece about gay athletes in professional sports is phenomenal. (NY Mag)