Are you ready to look at some Royals Christmas Cards? Because I have some to show you. (They were not sent to ME.) I also bring you an enormous stuffed goose, Dominic West, Brianne of Tarth, and William wearing his eyeglasses.
We had three Royals-y pieces here at GFY for you this week, namely:
- PLEASE LOOK GEORGE’S NEW PORTRAITS NOW PLEASE THANK YOU.
- Kate went out in a hoodie and let some Beaver Scouts blindfold her. Tis the season!
- And Prince Harry’s photos from his trip to Africa earlier this month finally hit the wires, and they’re pretty great.
- READ THIS, over at Jezebel: The Most Miserable Princess Ever: Sisi, Empress Elisabeth of Austria
- I admit it, I snickered: Oblivious passenger nearly bumps into the Queen as she takes train to Sandringham. LOOK. SHE HAS STUFF TO DO, OKAY? (The Telegraph)
- Hello! talks to Princess Charlene about her twins and she says all the happy things one would expect of a new mother giving an interview about her newborn babies. I believe they’re still in the hospital, but it sounds like they’re going home early next week. (I wonder if they’re spending a little time in the NICU before heading home; she says she’s looking forward to spending “more time in their presence,” which could just be bad translation [although Charlene's first language IS English] or weird transcription, but it made me wonder if she’s not getting to be with them 24/7 right at the moment.) I obviously can’t wait to see them.
- Speaking of babies, those of you who wondered if Princess Madeleine was of Sweden was expecting another one ARE CORRECT. (Like Fug National AnnieC!) (Hello! Magazine)
- Wills and Kate went to a friend’s wedding on Saturday, and the Daily Express has the pictures. William is obviously wearing a New Jersey Devils hockey jersey under a man-fur and Kate is sporting denim short-alls and shower shoes.
- This is not technically royals-related, but I LOVE this stuff, and I think it will appeal to you, if you are reading this: Sotheby’s is auctioning off — well, just let me quote The Telegraph: “..many of the personal possessions of the late Mary Soames, Sir Winston Churchill’s last surviving child. As a collection they chart Mary Soames’s life, from her childhood in Chartwell to her service in the army during the Second World War and her later public life. The 255 lots, many of which featured in her Holland Park home, reflect the fond relationship between Mary and her father, allowing for a unique insight into the private side of Britain’s greatest war-time leader. Also included is the most important group of paintings, 15 in total, by Churchill himself to come to market.”
- Speaking of auctions, per The Express: Princess Margaret’s jewels go for £40,000 at auction.
- Kate and George went to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, semi-incognito. People, of course, has the scoop.
- People also explains why Prince George was wearing shorts in his official photos. (In short: because it’s traditional!)
- The traditional rumor that the Queen is going to abdicate in her Christmas speech is back again. (She’s totally not.) (Also, by the way, my cleaning lady is QUITE SURE this is actually going to happen, and she won’t hear otherwise. If it turns out she’s got a hotline to the palace, I’m going to regret not taking advantage of that earlier.) (BBC News)
[Photos: Getty, Splash, Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images]