- Alyssa Milano seemed cranky at Tadashi Shoji, but maybe she and Carrie Preston (adorable) are just in a feud.
- We talked to Orange Is the New Black‘s Samira Wiley (she pays Poussey) at BCBG, and she is a lovely delight and was ALSO WEARING ORANGE. It’s true. It IS the new black.
- There were SO MANY DUDES at Richard Chai. One of them was Spock, one of them was on One Tree Hill.
Fugger: Alyssa Milano
This whole upping-her-fashion-game experiment has gone very strangely for Alyssa Milano.
Pink lipstick, competing animal prints, red and blue stripes, and black shoes? Most of these should not be happening together. To put it in baseball parlance she might prefer: You don’t send your entire bench to the bullpen all at once. You don’t put in all your pinch-runners in the same inning. You don’t buy all the food you think you want at the same time, because it doesn’t matter — you WILL still be hungry in the seventh. You don’t — you know what? Baseball isn’t helping. Let’s just stick with: You don’t.
her fancy-dress PE uniform made me jump and shiver all over again. This is not that bad. Nothing is that bad. (I feel fairly safe in welcoming her to Fug Madness.) But it’s also busier than Ryan Seacrest, and sadly, I think only a woman with about six more inches of height could pull that off without looking devoured by it. In other words, they may have given it to the wrong Runway host.
Anyway, we had a pretty great day:
– It started with a surprisingly good Project Runway finale, at which Alyssa Milano wore the abovepictured WTF. The article (and the slideshow, but only in the VERY LAST slide, so you can avoid if you want) contains mild spoilers in the form of the guest judge’s identity, descriptions of some of the eight collections, and guesses about who the finalists are, but no concrete information about that because we don’t know it. Consider yourselves warned anyway, just in case.
– We also hit up Nautica, which was full of shirtless and/or short-shorted (or both) male models, and most importantly, we talked to Dadshaw from The Carrie Diaries about what it’s like watching your TV daughter and knowing she grew up to get dumped by Post-It. There is probably something nerdy about the fact that we bypassed Colin Egglesfield and Josh Henderson to talk to Dadshaw, but I own that, and I love him now, so there.
– We ALSO saw darling of Fug Madness Zosia Mamet at Rebecca Minkoff (where Nicky Hilton was a total pill), where Janelle f’ing Monae performed live during the show and KILLED IT in impressive high-energy fashion.
– Finally, we’re pretty sure Bella Thorne thinks we’re totally stupid after we talked to her about Britney at Nicole Miller.
some non-naked Klum at BCBG, Alyssa Milano being the boss at Tadashi Shoji, and some Jonai at Richard Chai. It was SO hilarious to watch these three posing together with their matching come-hither squints. Nothing is more assured to make me go thither instead.