2015 was the year we initiated Afternoon Chats, and so many of them were so fun that it seemed criminal not to revisit them. Here’s to more tales of bad dates, great salads, best red lipsticks, and terrible roommates in 2016!
In case you missed them, here are some of the best:
- We discussed family Tooth Fairy traditions. They are uniformly charming and funny and creative.
- VERY IMPORTANT: In which we debate the best red lipstick.
- Related: What’s the one thing you can’t stop buying? (Mine was, obviously, Breton-striped tops, and also lip balm.)
- ALSO RELATED: Your Can’t Live Without It beauty item.
- You guys, this one was SO GOOD: Your Worst Roommate Ever. I am sorry to note that SEVERAL of you topped the woman I lived with, who used to just jauntily remove her tampon in front of me, in our shared living space.
- Aw, we dream-cast The Royal We (this was well before the book was optioned).
- This is finally seasonal for our friends in the other hemisphere! Everyone’s Best Summer Meals.
- We also exchanged our favorite holiday recipes!
- And our worst cooking disasters. Kitchens were set on fire.
- We chatted about what we like to wear on planes; this is the post in which I note that I own a pashmina from basically every airport I’ve ever been to, because I get so dang cold on planes.
- We gave love to the awesome women in our lives.
- Ooooh, this was ALSO juicy: YOUR WEIRDEST DATE. Some of these stories are real corkers.
- Recently, we talked about the worst gifts we ever got, or gave.
- And, finally, I think I’ve saved the best for last: The Fug Nation Brag Post, wherein we asked you guys to tell us whatever awesome things you had recently done, and you really delivered. We’ve got Fug Nationals who’ve gone on Jeopardy, swum the English Channel, helped eradicate Ebola, worked for the UN, and all kinds of other awesome, amazing things. Bless us, every one.