In which we get sledding! And wine-tasting! And Mugging in front of portraits! And a little extra bit of Harry from last week, because I love you.
Around here, we covered Kate’s event yesterday (she actually had two other private events this week; this was the only public one, AKA the only one at which press was welcome). She’s out and about again on Wednesday, so as always mark your calendars.
- Kate played the ukulele at one of the aforementioned private charity visits. I long for a ukulele photo op.
- Hello! reports that Wills and Kate’s wedding menu is up for auction along with other “royal ephemera”. DO NOT LET ME BUY IT.
- Vanity Fair had a bunch of British celebs name their favorite royal. (‘Tis a video, FYI)
- I LOVE the Jewel Histories at The Court Jeweller, and this one about the Empress of Russia is fab.
- The Telegraph reflects on Charles and Camilla’s marriage, ten years in.
- This is SO GOOD, from Tatler: Celebrity Valentines Day cards – Henry VIII and Catherine Parr. To wit: “I really love meat. How about you? I love it so much that it makes up 70 per cent of my diet. I also love sugar plums and sometimes when I’m excited, I throw them at my guests for fun. Other likes include drinking and parties. Dislikes include monks.“
- Over at Order of Splendor, we eyeball what everyone wore to a recent Swedish diplomatic gala.
- This is amazing, from Time: Forgotten Copy of Magna Carta Found in Scrapbook. I think I speak for all of us when I say, !!!!!!
[Photos: Splash, Getty, Fame/Flynet, Joe Giddens/PA Wire, Nick Ansell/PA Wire, Chris Radburn/PA Wire]