I know it’s spring break for a lot of people, that those of you in the UK are on a bank holiday weekend already, and some of you might have a short day today because it’s Good Friday. Wherever you are, I hope you’re enjoying it.
– Beverly Cleary turns 100 on April 12th, and Today sent Jenna out to talk to her. It’s really a lovely segment; when Judy Blume says that Beverly Cleary is her hero, I might have cried. (Today)
– Over at Lainey, Idris Elba is looking good. (I mean, obviously. BUT STILL.)
– I think we all needed this, thanks to Atlas Obscura: The Ultimate Spring Baby Animal Cam Compendium
– Ten seasons of Michael Kors’s zingers in five minutes. Including my favorite, “SHE HAS AN AVOCADO GOITER.” (They did not include the time he said it looked like someone was wearing a brioche, which is my REAL favorite.) (Previously.TV)
– We have Fug Madness, Pajiba has the Fictional Character Sex Tournament. Must I specify that this post is full of saucy language? It is. It also contains the very good life advice, “DON’T HAVE SEX WITH WIZARD EVA BRAUN.”
– The New Potato interviewed Tori Spelling and apparently her ideal dessert is flan. I mean, I like flan, but of all the desserts in the world?
– I love this interview with Darren Star in this week’s Entertainment Weekly.
– The Frisky asks, Why Is Martha Stewart Drunkenly Riding A Hoverboard in Qatar? Why NOT?
– I really love MTV’s weekly piece, DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT, which is about all the dumb shenanigans celebrities get up to on the Twitters.
– On that tip, this is about everything I like: The History of Cocktail Menu Design (Imbibe)
– And, speaking of, here’s this week’s recipe, at Good. Food. Stories.: Aaron Burr, Sir: A Milk Punch Cocktail. This post is fascinating, and covers history, Hamilton, AND booze.
– Via Celebitchy, I KNOW you want to eyeball Jason Momoa.
– At Smithsonian: Europe’s eight most endangered cultural landmarks.
– Also at Lainey, please help me crack this Blind Item.
And here at GFY, in case you missed it, a few highlights:
- We have news about the paperback of The Royal We, and our upcoming appearance at the LA Times Festival of Books.
- We talked to the producer designer and the set decorator of The People vs OJ Simpson and it was super interesting.
- We kept an eye on Michelle Obama’s wardrobe on the First Family’s visit to Cuba and Argentina.
- Did Vogue do justice to Rihanna on their latest cover?
- We talked about the upcoming Bridget Jones’s Baby
- Prince Harry went to Nepal!
- We talked about The Hollywood Reporter’s 25 Top Stylists list
- Gal Gadot looked amazing in red Prada
- Elizabeth Olsen and Hiddleston are so cute together.