I know you’re busy thinking about what candy you’re going to buy “for the children” this weekend, and then eat it all yourself — or maybe that’s just me — but if you get bored of that….
– Don’t forget to enter our Gossip Girl: Psycho Killer giveaway. The deadline is Sunday night. Get spooky.
– Whoever put the art together for this article about Magic Mike — AKA, the movie about that time Channing Tatum was a stripper — deserves a raise. Do you hear me, Nikki Finke? (Deadline)
– I still can’t believe J Simp is pregnant. I mean, I believe it NOW. But I really wanted to think that she just woke up one morning and thought, “you know what? I’m a freaking bajillionaire. I’m just going to eat all the Bloomin’ Onions and wear all the weird, unflattering muu-muus I WANT. SUCK ON THAT, WORLD.” Sigh. (Lainey)
– Why are tiny things so delicious? WHY? The New York Times investigates. (NY Times)
– I salute the producers of Puppies vs Babies for not confusing us about what the show is about. (Time)
– Of COURSE Lilo is doing Playboy for the money. My God, is that girl a hot mess. It both saddens me, and fills me with anticipation for the juicy tell-all that will surely be written about her in our lifetimes. I look forward to reading it at my currently fictional summer home. (Celebitchy)
– I would like to state for the record that said fictional summer home will NOT be one of these Houses From Horror Movies That You Can Go Visit. Thank you. (Flavorwire)
– Would it send the wrong message if I bought and hung one of those old STD-prevention posters in said home? It probably would, right? (Slate)
– The absolute other side of the culture coin is this montage of the best four minutes from Sandra Lee’s Halloween special, but you guys. YOU GUYS. You have to watch it. It is HILARIOUS. (Gawker)
– This interview with Jeanine Lobell, the founder of Stila, is really interesting. A very good read if you’re interested in the business of make-up, and make-up artists — or the business of beauty in general. (Into The Gloss)