SO MUCH ROYALS THIS WEEK. Obviously, the early part of the week was all people talking about the King of Spain abdicating for Prince Felipe — I can’t tell you the number of articles I’ve read trying to pretend that Kate and Letizia have the same personal style; anyone paying attention knows that’s not true, as Letizia always wears pants and Kate only does for casual stuff. Come ON, people — and then today and yesterday was full of fascinating D-Day events, which we have covered in their own post. In addition to all that, this slideshow brings HATS AND SHENANIGANS AND PANTS AND CLAPPING AND SHIRTLESSNESS.
In addition to the D-Day post, we can also offer you:
- Wills and Harry playing polo and leaping off horses and whacking things and sarcastically clapping.
- Wills and Kate’s D-Day activities.
- The Queen opened Parliament and there were MANY TIARAS.
- We continue to chronicle the trainwreck that is I Wanna Marry “Harry.” To wit: “She says that people only have paparazzi photographers chasing after them if people know who they are. OR IF YOU ARE ON A FOX REALITY SHOW WHERE THERE ARE PRODUCERS DOING THINGS THAT ARE MADE UP HOW NAIVE ARE YOU PEOPLE ANYWAY. Then she says, ‘Am I a complete idiot, or am I dating Prince Harry?’ I CHOOSE DOOR NUMBER ONE.”
And around the internet:
- Richard Palmer, who covers the British royals for The Daily Express, wrote a really interesting piece about the Spanish abdication and the British monarchy. If you are interested in the Brits, I highly recommend you read it.
- The Telegraph hypothesizes that this signals the end of “the playboy prince.”
- Rest easy, ladies: Katie Nicholl over at Vanity Fair thinks Harry and Cressy are 100% O.V.E.R, period, full-stop, end.
- VF has also eyeballed Harry chatting up YET ANOTHER blonde, this time at polo last week. WHAT OF EDWINA, HARRY? WHAT OF EDWINA.
- I am rarely able to get good shots of Crown Princess Mary, but the Daily Mail I Know does not have my problems and you totally want to see her dress here.
- Tatler brings you Ascot Hats Of The Past! There’s a photo where Prince Charles looks deeply annoyed and Diana is like, having the best time (and, I think, pushing past him to go talk to someone else).
- James Middleton is still talking about his marshmallows empire, this time with The Cut. Ahem: “We haven’t yet had a marriage proposal on a Boomf marshmallow, which I want to have because I want it to be edible. Or, like, a secret message from the government that uses Boomf marshmallows to stop secret documents from being leaked — like, they’re put on a marshmallow and then the evidence is destroyed. Those are some of our brainstorming ideas. So, yeah, to the White House: If you ever need any paper that can be destroyed, like spy-style paper, we’ll do that.” Although every time I read these things, I kind of want to eat one, so there’s that.
[Photos; Getty, Fame/Flynet, Pacific Coast News, PA Wire]