As always, much to discuss this week! We had A LOT happen on GFY alone, such as:
- Prince Felipe of Spain is now King Felipe of Spain. Congrats on your hot king, Spain.
- Kate threw on some McQueen and popped out to learn about awesome Enigma codebreakers.
- She and GEORGE also went to watch William and Harry play polo this weekend and there was much rolling about and meeting of horses.
- Everyone celebrated the Queen’s birthday with a flyover and carriages and Harry being a general comedian.
- William and Kate made eyes at each other while he was trussed up in the Order of the Garter get-up; Sophie wore a feathered collar.
- ASCOT! It bought us so much. It bought us the Hats!
- And more hats!
- And yet more hats. In all of these, Eugenie looked depressingly beige.
The Spanish royals had a LOT AFOOT this week, as did the Brits. Maxima was very occupied with the World Cup, as you’ll see in the slideshow, and we’ve got our first Charlene sighting since they announced her pregnancy. She looks as underwhelmed as ever. But not a ton of other royals floating about this week that we didn’t cover above, so this particular round-up might also be bringing you most Extra Bonus George and Harry.
- Prince Felix and Princess Claire of Luxembourg had a baby, and here is a picture of her. She is tiny and new! (Hello!)
- Charlene and Albert opened a yacht club in a series of photos that I didn’t have access to, but Hello! has got our backs.
- Kate paid some private visits to children’s hospices recently (that’s one of her big charities). (People)
- It’s Edward and Sophie’s wedding anniversary this week, and our friends over at The Court Jeweller are revisiting their wedding. Bonus Queen Mum sighting, Princess Anne has a giant feather sticking out of her head (??) and Harry is LITERALLY a child.
- Harper’s Bazaar UK has a great look back at Ascot fashions from the 20s to the 60s.
- Someone found an unopened box of Christmas presents from the British royal family to WWI soldiers. They’re going to open it next week. I bet that chocolate’s no good now. (Royals Central)
- Queen Elizabeth is visiting the Game of Thrones set next week. That sounds like it could get weird. (Telegraph)
- Bea visited the Isle of Wight and no one took pictures that I could get. (Royalista)