Don’t look so baleful, Harry. We love you. Also in this week’s post: MANY Easter ensembles and one very fancy desk.
We also have a tremendously exciting royal week on a personal front in that our novel, The Royal We, is finally in stores and online and ready for you to read! It’s even a pick in this week’s People magazine, which is basically the most exciting thing that ever happened to me. Actually, that’s not true: The most exciting part is getting to talk to you guys about the book in a real and non-theoretical way. Heather and I have been living with Nick and Bex for over a year and a half now, and we’re SO EXCITED that you guys know them now, too. Thank you all so much for all your amazing support of us, and of the book. I honestly can’t thank you enough.
Mushy bit aside, time for our bits and pieces around the internet:
- OMG, these Wills & Kate puppets are seriously going to give you nightmares. (People)
- Actual W&K confirmed all pertinent Royal Baby 2 details in a presser today (Royal Central)
- And People has a good story about the baby preparations as well.
- Hello! has a good bit comparing how they think THAT will go with how Prince Harry’s intro to the world went.
- Also at People, this is really neat: a story Queen Victoria wrote as a child is being published.
- To coincide with our book release, Duchess Diaries put together an AWESOME photo post, taking us through the ups and downs of Wills and Kate’s relationship.
- And we wrote about over a century of British wedding dresses for Time. Anne’s sleeves are amazing.
- We are so delighted that What Kate Wore is doing a giveaway of The Royal We! Here’s your chance to win an autographed copy if you missed out last time, and would like one!
- Our friends at What Would Kate Do? also have a signed giveaway of the book afoot!
- Glamour gives props to Princess Beatrice’s style.
- Over at Royalista, a look back at Sophie Wessex’s Easter Bonnets through the years.
- From Vanity Fair: Saudi princess Maha bint Mohammed bin Ahmad al-Sudairi reportedly tried to stiff some of Paris’s most exclusive boutiques for $20 million and skip out on a $7 million dollar hotel bill. As one does.
- Also at VF: From Henry VIII’s Codpiece to Anne Boleyn’s Corset: Inside Wolf Hall’s Period-Perfect Costumes. I WILL get to that recap eventually, I swear.
- Order of Splendor kicks off their coverage of Queen Margrethe’s birthday with this awesome tiara.
- It was Chuck and Camz’s 10th wedding anniversary this week, and Court Jeweller takes a look back.
- Patricia Treble at Macleans wrote a LOVELY piece about The Royal We, and a conversation we had with her about it. (Fair warning: this article contains major spoilers, so read at your own risk.)