I feel like, if they ever made a Star Wars Kids movie — you know, like Muppet Babies – this would be what C3PO’s sassy little sister would be wearing:
Can’t you just see her cavorting with a mini-Chewbacca? THOSE stuffed animals would make a fortune.
That being said, I don’t totally hate the dress. After all, wasn’t C3P0 rather dashing, when it came right down to it? The accent! The well-polished skull! Right? I don’t know. Let’s look at the back:
I have, as you know, a well-documented weakness for lamé – in fact, I have an evening clutch that would match this exactly. And the slouchiness of the back actually sort of sells this for me. If the front looks sort of goofy — a little bit American Apparel Goes Formal (dear God, please don’t let that happen. I almost expire every time I have to walk past their storefront to begin with) — the back feels kind of cool.
But what of THOSE BEADS?
- I know. I'd love it without the beads. The neckline looks like the night after Mardi Gras. (13%, 959 Votes)
- I LOVE it. Beads and all. (13%, 995 Votes)
- I like ONLY the beads. (4%, 303 Votes)
- I hate the entire thing. (41%, 3,043 Votes)
- Except the shoes. (29%, 2,185 Votes)
Total Voters: 7,485