As ever, a terrific amount to cover! Turbans! Babies! Hats! More hats! HUGE hats! (Maxima really brought it this week.) Ceremony! Rugs!
Here on GFY, we covered:
- William and Kate’s Whisky-Filled jaunt to Scotland, although I’ve got some extra tidbits in this slideshow from that as well, as you will see, including an AMAZING PIECE OF ART. (Let’s consider The Question of the Bum fully covered — er, no pun intended — and leave the feisty discussions there, shall we? Thanks for everyone being cool about it, even during disagreements, also. You guys are great.)
- Harry cavorted with children, flashed his abs, made a pizza, and made friends with livestock. And, we decided, also met his future wife. That’s all.
- We suffered through another week of Fake Harry “wooing” what seem to be some of the dimmest bulbs in the American firmament on Episode Two of I Wanna Marry “Harry.” AIR QUOTES REQUIRED.
- And, finally, we eyeballed Charlene and Albert and a variety of his nephews at the Monaco Grand Prix, and wrote many a coded ode to her (fictional [OR IS HE?]) lover/bodyguard, Sven.
Elsewhere, for your Royals Reading Pleasure:
- Charlene IS pregnant. WHAT DID I TELL YOU? I KNEW IT.
- Apparently, Princess Anne’s ex-husband (Zara and Peter’s father) has left his second wife to “set up home with” a thirty-five year old equestrienne, which, you know, eye-roll, BUT the thing that was juicy to me in this is that the article off-handedly mentions that Anne and Mark Phillips divorced because he fathered a child with someone else. I didn’t know any of this. ESCANDALO. Tell me everything. (Hello!) (NOTE: this story, it turns out, is two years old — the way I came across it was misleading and then I didn’t double-check the date; my bad. But it’s still full of some JUICY GOSSIP including some from thirty years ago, anyway, so I’m keeping it up.)
- Vanity Fair has the details of Prince Harry’s upcoming trip to Brazil and Chile. Just in time for the World Cup!
- Royal Correspondent has video of Harry Cavorting With the Children this week, also.
- In Other Interesting Videos, the people at Historic Royal Palaces used 3-D printing to recreate Henry VIII’s crown. It’s VERY COOL to watch.
- The State Opening of Parliament is next week and the whole shebang sounds VERY DRAMATIC. To wit: “Before The Queen and the royal party set off for Parliament, a hostage is taken by The Queen (not personally) from the Houses of Parliament to Buckingham Palace where they’ll stay for the duration of the state opening. This custom is longstanding convention derived from a time when Parliament and the Monarch were on less cordial terms (Parliament famously chopped the head off of King Charles I in 1649), though the hostage is treated well at the Palace and is released upon the safe return of Her Majesty.” Royals Central has all the details.
- Next month, Kate is touring Bletchley Park (which has been recently restored, apparently, so visitors can experience what it would have been like to be a codebreak) and meet with WWII codebreaker veterans. THESE ARE ALL THINGS I AM INTERESTED IN.
- Katie Nicholl over at Vanity Fair says Harry tried to win Cressy back with dinner, but I think we all know that his heart lies with Edwina.
- Kate says George has Spider-Man jammies. Royals ARE just like us. (E!)
- The Court Jeweller counts down the Top Ten Royal Emeralds. I LOVE emeralds, which is nice as it’s my birthstone and obviously I am often showered with gems. Some of these are STUNNING.
- I couldn’t get any of these photos, but Royals Central has a look at a variety of ensembles on Sophie Wessex when they were in Scotland last week.