Well, we have much to cover and thus I shall not tarry here, but instead send you directly into the slideshow. There are many hats! MANY hats. Also dogs, canoeing, booze, sunglasses, horses, people we don’t see out too much, and potentially questionable boyfriends,
Also, it was a ….very very busy week. In case you missed it here:
– There was a royal-ish wedding at Windsor this weekend.
– We got new pics of the Cambridge kids.
– We celebrated Harry and Meghan’s anniversary.
– Kate had a lovely garden at the Chelsea Flower Show and wore TWO outfits and was widely supported by relatives. (She’s apparently been back like nine times this week — literally. Yesterday people spotted her there, watering.)
– Wills and Kate also did a garden party this week. I think that’s it? I need a nap.
There’s a new Queen Victoria-focused exhibit at Kensington Palace and their blog post about how they recreated her childhood rooms is very logistics-y and interesting!
DRAAAAAAAMA: Retired Belgian King Will Submit to Paternity Test [New York Times]
Per T&C: President Trump Will Join Queen Elizabeth for a State Visit in the U.K. This Summer. (The White House got her title wrong in the presser.) This should be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T&C also has Lady Gabriella’s wedding portraits. Frogmore is very picturesque.
At Travel + Leisure, I’m fairly sure I’ve read this romance novel: A DNA Test Proved This Man Was Heir to a $60-million English Estate
And, on social media:
This is really neat:
Watch as the kokoshnik tiara is transformed into a necklace! This tiara was worn by Princess Louise, granddaughter of Queen Victoria. Its design was in vogue in the late C19th. See the tiara at #KensingtonPalace. The #Victoria200 displays open on 24 May: https://t.co/KUA5aL7FTc pic.twitter.com/F8VQlxaoQ5
— Historic Royal Palaces (@HRP_palaces) May 22, 2019