Royals Round-Up is coming at you a day early this week, because we’re taking tomorrow off for the 4th of July. Pop back over the weekend, though, as I think Kate and William and Harry have some Tour de France shenanigans on the docket, and they went out yesterday with GEORGE and I’m just waiting for THOSE pictures to hit the wires, although I suspect we might not see them for a while. (And I know Prince WhatHisName of Somewhere — Prince Amedeo of Belgium — is allegedly getting married this weekend but rumor has it it’s not going to be widely covered by the media; I will not deny you Wikipedia Scandals of Lesser Rando Royals if I can help it, but it all remains to be seen). Regardless, today’s slideshow has SO MUCH CROWN PRINCESS MARY, so brace yourself for excitement, CPM lovers. It also has HIDEOUS PORTRAITS and the Pope. Something for everyone!
Here at GFY this week:
- Madame Tussauds gave their Wills and Kate waxworks a HIGHLY MISGUIDED MAKEOVER.
- William and Kate also went to Wimbledon where she rewore a favorite dress and they made A LOT of faces and had a LOT of feelings about poor Andy.
- They made so many faces that I stuck some of them into this other Wimbledon post, along with Sophie Wessex and Princess Beatrice and her (I decided evil) boyfriend.
- Bea and Yooj both looked nice at the Serpentine Party this week.
- Kate popped out for a school visit in a new(ish) coral number.
- Kate also left the house in a paisley Tory Burch.
- Prince Harry was hot in jeans, danced with children, visited firemen, and cradled a hedgehog.
- Prince Harry also wielded a knife, cuddled children, wore a suit, and tried to blow a horn.
- Harry is supporting the England Women’s Rugby Team by looking hot in a rugby jersey that says “ENGLAND WOMEN: Carry Them Home.” I HAVE SO MANY JOKES I CAN’T PICK JUST ONE. (Hello!)
- Harry told people in Chile that he thinks Prince George looks like Winston Churchill and all the papers ran with this story without noting that EVERY BABY LOOKS LIKE WINSTON CHURCHILL. It’s common joke. Churchill himself said, “All babies look like me. But then, I look like all babies.” (Telegraph)
- Harry also fixed some people’s TV while he was in Chile. This man is a hero. (The Mirror)
- Charles got invested as Prince of Wales 45 years ago this week – I have a mug from this event in my collection! — and the Royal Hats blog took a look back at the cracktacular stuff people wore on their heads for this event. They are amazingly nutty hats. (There’s also a video and it’s so very weird. First of all, Very Young Prince Charles gives an interview in front of a floral arrangement that appears to be atop two drums? I don’t even know. I DO know that I love the DRAMA AND GRANDEUR AND TOTAL PR of the voiceover from the newsreel footage. The voiceover is like, “THE PRINCE, BRAVE BEYOND HIS YEARS” while Charles in actual fact looks totally squirrelly and shy and scampers into a tower. The Queen is using a an umbrella as a jaunty walking stick. 48 year old Prince Philip is hot. Etc. The whole thing needs editing with some more sweeping music and a couple of star wipes.)