First of all, thanks for celebrating our tenth birthday with us earlier this week. It’s quite a milestone, and we owe it all to you, Fug Nation — you are so precious to us, as David Silver will hopefully sing to you at the beach club this weekend. Speaking of: Happy 4th of July weekend, American readers! (Happy Weekend, almost, in general, non-American readers!) We’re taking tomorrow off to celebrate the holiday, but we’ll have light posting over the weekend, as usual and be back with the VENGEANCE on Monday. Until then!
– Our friends at Tomato Nation are doing the important work: ranking the hotness of tennis players, just in time for Wimbledon.
– They discovered five hundred new fairy tales in Germany!! WHEN DO WE GET TO READ THEM? (The Guardian)
– Speaking of books, the Barnes & Noble book blog has a feature I greatly enjoy called ASK A LITERARY LADY.
– YES. Josh Charles talks about Dead Poets Society, 25 years later. I remember once worrying to my mother, about 25 years ago, that when I was “old” (so, like, my current age) I would not think “old guys” were cute and I’d be a creepy perv trolling for teen boys, and she assured me that generally people’s taste matures along with them AND THIS JUST PROVES IT. 14 year old me thought that Josh Charles was hot, and DO THE MATH year old me thinks current Josh Charles is hot. Phew. (Entertainment Weekly)
– Vulture lists the cringe-iest lyrics from the new Robin Thicke album, so we don’t have to. ARGH SHUT UP ROBIN THICKE.
– Refinery 29 has an excerpt from the new Joan Rivers book, Diary of a Mad Diva.
– SWINTON did an AMA. (Reddit)
– Now you can play Tetris on a tee shirt! (Time)
– This Mark Ruffalo/Jen Garner/Ben Affleck stuff that’s going on seems weird. (Lainey)
– Fifteen movies inspired by artworks. (Flavorwire)
– NOW Lohan is suing the makers of Grand Theft Auto. I cannot with her. (Celebitchy)
– Pajiba’s Five Best TV Episodes of the Year So Far. Spoilers on Game of Thrones, Mad Men, True Detective, and Fargo.