I just dated this post “2025,” so I am not sure what that means about my brain today. Consider that fair warning. In today’s slideshow, we’ve got stripes and dumplings and hats and babies!
Also, in case you missed it, you can currently read the first seven chapters of our forthcoming novel, The Royal We, for free, in advance of its release on April 7th! We really, really hope you enjoy it if you do. (PS: because we’ve only sold the book in the US and Canada so far, the preview is only available to readers in the US and Canada. I’m sorry! I hope it sells in other places quickly, so you can all read it easily!)
Elsewhere on this chilly planet:
- First and OBVIOUSLY OF MOST IMPORTANCE: Yahoo is running with a story that is surely untrue, and may in fact have somehow morphed out of all of our fantastical speculative prayers, that alleges Prince Harry and Emma Watson are dating. I LONG for this to be fact but fear there is no way, especially because the source is totally impeachable. I feel like this story happened because someone at Australia Woman’s Day accidentally fell asleep reading one of our comment threads (specifically this one). I also feel like Emma Watson couldn’t ever seriously get involved with Harry without torpedoing her own career, even if he is The Spare. On the other hand, maybe they’re just hooking up, in which case, WAY TO GO BOTH OF YOU.
- The Royal Mint has an interesting piece on the portraits of QE2 that are used on coins.
- William is off on a tour of China and Japan at the very end of next week, and wished everyone a happy new year in Mandarin recently, prompting the Telegraph to put together this quick video of the Royal Family speaking foreign languages.
- Also a video from the same source, and very interesting: How scientists used CCTV technology to reveal what Anne Boleyn really looked like.
- Tom Ford wants to dress Kate Middleton. Let’s give it a whirl, Kate! (LuckyShops)
- There is a new BBC docu that alleges that Charles’s former press guru basically sold Wills and Harry out to the press for their father’s benefit. Daily Beast has the details.
- This headline is amazing, over at the Leicester Mercury: Escort agency using Richard III discovery to get new business. That is some innovative marketing!
- The Express has a quiz to see how much Kate trivia you know. I of course got a perfect score but I SHOULD HOPE SO. It is my job.
- The Daily Mail (I Know) reports that Cressida is back with her old boyfriend, who is conveniently for their headline writers, also named Harry. Prince Harry is off on a ski vacay at the moment.
- I thought this week’s Tiara Thursday over at Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor was particularly delightful.