You guys, the Oscars are on Sunday. I hope you’ve been eating your Wheaties. We’re not live-blogging the red carpet, but you can follow along with all the shenanigans on Twitter — and of course we’ll be ALL OVER IT here on GFY on Monday. Until then:
– Speaking of the Oscars, we revisited the 2005 Oscars red carpet for Cosmo.
– Still speaking of the Oscars, Vanity Fair live-blogged the 1995 ceremony, AKA the year of Uma/Oprah.
– People put together a “where are they now?” about famous Oscar dresses.
– AND! The reunion of Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer!! This article is so good. I love you, Capt Von Trapp.
– I think you’ll enjoy this article about the hidden meanings of Celebrity Pinterests. (Zulkey)
– Robin Givhan’s writing about fashion is so smart. Here, she takes on Kanye, and menswear, for the Washington Post.
– Relevant, as they say, to your interests: ‘Dawson’s Creek’: The Pacey & Joey essential episode guide, thanks to Zap2It.
– Hottest Heads of State ranks the US Presidents in Order of Hotness, which is obviously the most important metric for a leader.
– Also at The New Yorker, a very thoughtful and interesting reflection on Joan Rivers.
– The Toast reflects upon the dream of Chris Evans being one’s boyfriend aka MY OWN PERSONAL DREAM.
– Carey Mulligan looks great in the trailer for Far From the Madding Crowd, which I have actually never read. (Lainey)
– This is amusing: 18th century advice on “How to Bag a Handsome Man.” (History of Love)
– I love that Pajiba is still obsessed with the craziness of Winter’s Tale.
– Elle’s drawings of NYFW are really neat.
–I’m sure you want some of the inside deets on the Cumberbatch wedding. (Celebitchy)