Happy weekend, Fug Nation!
– This was such an interesting piece, on Okay Africa: The Hidden World Of Harlem’s African Braiders
– At Glamour, an in-depth examination of what “American beauty” means, and traditional beauty standards, in the words of Yara Shahidi, Nura Afia, Jamie Brewer, Tinashe, and a lot of other cool and interesting people.
– The fact that J Lo and A Rod are dating feels SO RIGHT. [Lainey]
– And Giles wrote a piece about it for The Guardian! Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a feminist parable for everyone – including me
– Bonkers, at The Mirror: Stunning 700-year-old giant cave used by Knights Templar found behind a rabbit hole in the British countryside. Are we sure this isn’t a Monty Python sketch?
– Via Celebitchy, Jen Garner and Ben Affleck have called off their divorce. Oh, girl. On one hand: Props for working on your marriage. On the other: Man, this dude is A LOT of work.
– At The New Potato: Iris Apfel On Personal Style
– Thanks to Refinery29, I am ready to think about some sandals.
– Look at these awesome dioramas! [Atlas Obscura]
– Revelist recreated the Gap’s ’90s campaign to find out if those clothes are still wearable. (They decided yes, but I think I’m too old to return to that scene.)
– LOVE THIS! The folks at Forever YA on how to throw a The Royal We-themed party!
There are a few posts here on GFY we hope you didn’t miss, as well:
In honor of International Women’s Day, we did a Brag Post, where all of you told us what you’ve been doing that’s awesome, and make no mistake, you guys are awesome. This post was the best pick-me-up I had all week; it’s totally inspiring.