When this came down the (Yves) Saint Laurent runway — sorry, but ditching the Yves just feels wrong to me — I said it was insane and charming, and I stand by that.
And this is a perfect marriage of celebrity and whimsy — it’s the perfect shirt for a girl her age, who can wear it without looking like she’s playing dress-up AND without looking deluded. My quibbles that keep me from unreserved love are these: With her hands jammed in the pockets, I hate the polterpackage it gives her — less a wang than just the illusion of an entire fanny pack jammed in there behind her zipper. Even though they appear to be the ones that came down the runway with the top, it’s a little weird for posing purposes; sleeker, and maybe leather, pants might have been better. And furtrther, I know it would have been SUPER on-the-nose — or mouth, as it were — but do we think the shirt actually looks WEIRD when she’s not wearing a red lip of her own? It feels like pairing a Pittsburgh Steelers t-shirt with an Indianapolis Colts face tattoo. The outfit begs for one thing and the face is offering another.
Do you like it?
- It's awesome, every inch of it. (41%, 2,012 Votes)
- I would've liked to see different pants, or at least, pants without her hands jammed in the front (27%, 1,302 Votes)
- Actually, I love the pants and want the shirt to burn (5%, 259 Votes)
- I want to TWEAK the shirt. (7%, 340 Votes)
- Whither the red lipstick? (8%, 399 Votes)
- Nah. To all of it. (11%, 551 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,863