Well. I didn’t get to any of the Invictus Games until today, because of Cannes. And that means that this post is….really, really long and chockablock with Harry. I assume you will not be enraged by this? Because the pictures are…insane. He’s kissing winners, snuggling babies, FLIRTING, putting on American jerseys (USA! USA!), gesturing to people’s mustaches, hanging out with his very best friend in the world, Michelle Obama. It is AMAZING. I could have picked ten thousand more pictures for this slideshow.
Here at GFY, in case you missed it, Heather and I put together a giant slideshow all about our trip to the UK, and you might enjoy it!
Also, there will be a lot of shenanigans from Wills and Kate and Harry in the upcoming week, including on Sunday, so make sure you pop back to keep up to date!
Elsewhere, we must begin with this:
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) May 9, 2016
Harry and Michelle are clearly SO FOND of each other, and also, as you know, I LOVE Robin, so basically I could watch like five hours of this interview. That part is the more serious bit, but you also definitely want to see the part where Michelle talks about Prince George.
– At the National Post: Prince Harry on his private life: How can I get a girl when I can’t even have a drink in the pub?
– I meant to run this weeks ago and just forgot. You may have read it already, but if not it’s AMAZING. At The New York Times, a conversation with QE2’s party planner. For example: “For the wedding of William and Kate, for which Lady Elizabeth was an adviser (and planned the wedding eve family dinner), the couple had very strong ideas that the queen ‘was marvelous and listened to,’ she said. Traditional royal weddings have no reception afterward — guests just depart after the service — but William and Kate wanted one after seeing that was what their friends had had. ‘And so the palace had to learn quite a lot about different canapés, because they weren’t used to doing them,’ Lady Elizabeth said.” Also: “Chasing down R.S.V.P.s was a particular headache, and she claims credit for inventing ‘this ghastly thing called the reply card’ to solve the problem. The first time she created one, she forgot to leave a space for people to write their names, and so she ended up with a bunch of yeses and nos but no clue who they were from.”
– The Court Jeweller has a very interesting piece about George VI’s coronation — with video. Everyone is wearing crowns, which WILL NOT happen when Charles becomes king (which is going to be crazy-feeling). Also: I love the mid-Atlantic accent of the newsreel narrator.
– I enjoyed this, at From Berkshire to Buckingham: Commoner to Duchess of Cambridge: 5 Years On, A Look At Kate’s Style Transformation
– You will enjoy this slideshow of the British Royal Family at the Olympics, over at NBC.
– And this is at the Daily Mail –I KNOW, I KNOW — but it IS interesting and also real gossipy (as you’d imagine): The Lioness of Longleat: Viscountess Weymouth on climbing the social ladder, a feuding family and her terrifying pregnancy
Wills went to Oxford — so pretty, Oxford! — this week to open one of their libraries:
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) May 11, 2016
Princess Mary spoke about LGBTQI rights wearing classic navy dress: https://t.co/ZtleRRNK93
— Scandinavian Royals. (@crownprincely) May 11, 2016