We had an outing from Kate and Wills earlier today, which you can find in all its glory here. But that doesn’t mean this post isn’t full of STUFF. We’ve got everything from dead kings interred somewhere more appropriate than a car park to Harry at a rugby match to Maxima very seriously painting a wall to Eggs Benedict Cucumber Sandwich to Joan Collins.
Elsewhere on GFY, if you haven’t entered our final giveaway of The Royal We, you must! The contest is open to everyone, and in addition to a signed copy of The Royal We, we are giving away all kinds of goodies.
- Maclean’s coverage of Richard III’s reburial has been exceptionally interesting. Here’s coverage of the ceremony itself, and you HAVE TO read this piece about Richard’s descendant who built his coffin. It is FASCINATING and so, so good.
- History Extra from the BBC also had a good piece about public interest in Richard’s burial.
- And her Maj also wrote him a tribute, so I guess they’re all square now. As a Plantagenet, I am PLEASED.
- Royal Central has a primer on the changes in the royal succession laws that have FINALLY PASSED. I love that bits about people who are now BACK IN to the line of succession.
- Also at Royal Central, a first person account of meeting Prince Charles whilst he was in the US this week. Exciting! (It was RoyalObsessedinUS, who I know from Twitter!)
- Kate released a statement to The Times this week about the importance of children’s mental health, which is something she speaks out about a lot, and is obviously a huge priority for her. Good on you, Kate.
- People has a piece about Harry being spotted at Cressy’s opening night of h”er most recent stage effort.
- This is cute. A bunch of school children wrote Kate and Wills letters — with top tips for getting Prince George to sleep” — and they got letters back. I mean, how could you not? (Stamford Mercury)
- Chaz gave a speech about Earth Hour UK and yeah yeah yeah we’re all excited to save the planet, but we’re also excited about the very cute new picture of George he’s got displayed behind him. That is perhaps a bit of a response to the Daily Mail’s “CHARLES NEVER SEES HIS GRANDCHILD” palaver of a few weeks back. (And good on him for it.)
- Celebs and royals photographer Dave Benett’s Instagram seems awesome, and our friend over at Duchess Diaries has rounded up some of his best snaps. There is a shot of Prince Charles, Prince, and Donatella Versace, and I totally thought Donatella was Lady Gaga.
- Hello’s got a good piece on the current wagering on Baby Cambridge #2’s name, and I’d like to remind you all that I’ve been saying “Alice” for MONTHS NOW. I shall be SO SMUG if I am correct.
- This is one of the reasons I enjoy Tatler so much: When the Countess of Harrowby isn’t writing racy novels, she keeps herself busy renovating Sandon Hall, her family’s glorious neo-Jacobean stately. INDEED SHE IS.
- And, from the Telegraph, this is SO FASCINATING:Bamber Gascoigne, the broadcaster, is to sell more than £2.2 million of treasures to help save West Horsley Place after ‘accidentally’ inheriting 50-room mansion
- This is great! The Court Jeweller has loads of updates about the upcoming Swedish Royal Wedding.
- It was Princess Eugenie’s 25th this week (I always think she’s older than that; don’t ask me why) and Hello! of course covered it in their usual fashion.
- We talked to Paper magazine about the royals, The Royals, and The Royal We.
[Photos: Getty, Koen van Weel/AFP/Getty Images, LISELOTTE SABROE/AFP/Getty]