Greetings and welcome to a Royals Round-Up that’s hosted by the Fug Girl who doesn’t ever do them. Jess is on a much-deserved mini-break, and so chronicling the shenanigans of the anointed has fallen to me.
It was a quiet week, royals-wise, on GFY itself:
- We covered Prince Harry’s Not Forgotten garden party at Buckingham Palace, and the Invictus Games launch — although because I love you — or maybe I am sucking up? — there are a couple more bits and bobs from that in here.
- Also, there was William’s British GQ interview, which included snaps of him with the kids and the Duchess.
- It’s the 64th anniversary of the Queen’s coronation, and The Express has pictures from that day, and a giant slideshow with photos from throughout her reign. Happy anniversary! (The Express)
- The Sun reports that at least one person isn’t thrilled the Cambridges are moving to KP to be full-time royals: Their Anmer Hall housekeeper has quit in a tizz.
- The same paper also has the scoop on a new documentary, Diana: 7 Days That Shook The Windsors.
- Harry and Barry hung out at Kensington Palace this week, and presumably FaceTimed Michelle so they could talk about Pippa’s wedding. (People)
- Hello! put together a (relatively short) slideshow of times Kate Middleton was twinning with other royals or celebs, and yes, one of them is Meghan Markle. Who knew?!?
- Also per Hello!, Edward and Sophie got The Queen hooked on The Crown during their Windsor suppers.
- One of Harry’s exes is on Love Island, which I gather marks the second time someone who’s been linked to him has been affiliated with that program. (Daily Mirror)
- The press is also still in a frenzy about Pippa and James. Vanity Fair wrote up the third leg of their honeymoon, in Australia, staying in a suite the DMIK claims costs $11,000 pounds a night.
- They also did a Sydney Harbour Bridge climb.
- Our friends at The Court Jeweller analyzed the bling in the trailer for Victoria & Abdul, a Judi Dench joint about the later years of Queen Vic’s life. Come for the diamonds, stay for the shots of Judi Dench eating.
On the social media front, Wills got to present the F.A. Cup to Arsenal, which I imagine was delightful for him unless he harbors a private vitriol against the team:
I wish we could get him to come present the Stanley Cup.
And Queen Rania is as elegant as ever in the above photo, though I have concerns about this one:
Those sleeves look like scrunchies.
The Dutch royal family hasn’t used its Insta to chronicle Maxima’s travels nearly as much as I’d like, but we do have some pictures of her in Vietnam:
I LOVE that she wore fully open flat sandals. There’s just something so NORMAL about not giving a shit whether you get dirt on your feet.
And finally, yesterday was the anniversary of Anne Boleyn’s coronation…
… which surely did not lead to the ending for which she’d hoped.
[Photos: Getty, WENN, Backgrid]