So, it’s been a very eventful couple of days in Great Britain, no? Can I make anyone a cup of tea…? How about a LOT of photos of Prince Harry, being adorable with children and flaunting his manly forearms? Because that I can definitely do.
ICYMI around here:
– We covered the hats of Royal Ascot!
Elsewhere of interest:
– This week’s Jewel History is very diverting. (The Court Jeweller)
– Maclean’s explains whether or not the Queen can vote (in short, she does not vote — in order to remain neutral — and neither do higher ranking royals like Harry, although they technically could. If I were Kate, it would really grate on me that I couldn’t vote.)
– What Would Kate Do explains why the media still uses the name “Kate Middleton.” I noted to them on Twitter what one of you so wisely pointed out last week, too, which is that we all still use the maiden names of MANY queens — including those of all of Henry VIII’s wives.
– The Royal Hats Blog has good coverage of Luxembourg’s National Day. My concern about Princess Stephanie’s taste level continues; her dress is pretty, but that hat is from the Makeshift Head Bandage school of thought.