We are entering the period of the summer that I like to call, ALL THE ROYALS ARE HIDING IN A CAVE. That said, Wills and Kate are allegedly doing an event on Sunday, so zing back over here this weekend and eyeball them. The Casiraghi/Borromeo civil service is ALSO this weekend (the religious service is on the Borromeo island [!!] next weekend), and I am also going to cover THAT, depending on when/how many photos flutter into my possession. In other words: Stay tuned.
We did have some stuff happen this week, namely:
– George turned two, and I put together a nice fat slideshow to celebrate. It even includes puppies!
As a reminder/news (you might have just gotten back from a fabulous vacation!): The Royal We is now available in English in e-book in many many MANY MANY countries, one of which is probably yours! In most of these places, it should be available on all platforms that you use for your e-book reading, from Kindle to Kobo to iBooks, but here are the Amazon links for those of you in the countries where we have the most readers, just for ease of use:
- If you are in the UK, get it here.
- If you are in Australia, you can get it here.
- Here is the link for our German readers.
- For those of you in France!
- Here’s the link if you are in India!
- And if you are in the Netherlands.
- Hello! has newsreel footage of the cover of Prince Charles’s christening. I am unable to resist anything with newsreel footage. It’s SO DRAMATIC.
- They also have newsreel footage of QE2 and Phil’s wedding day.
- The Issa dress Kate wore for The Engagement Announcement Heard Around The World is back in stock. GO BUY ONE! (In Style UK)
- In honor of W&K’s outing this weekend, People brings us KATE ON BOATS.
- Harper’s Bazaar has a photo shoot of and interview with Jazmin Grimaldi, Prince Albert’s eldest child, shot when she was in Monaco for the twins’s christening. It’s an interesting read. She – to me — somewhat resembles Lady Gaga? She is quite striking. (She looks less like Gaga to me in standard, red carpet shots.)
- People has yet more details on the upcoming Casiraghi wedding. Thank you for leaving the house during this sparse royal time, Monaco.
- Princess Josephine of Denmark broke her arm, but appears to be handling it with good cheer. With bonus Crown Princess Mary. (Hello!)
- The Telegraph has a 360 degree view of the Buckingham Palace ballroom. Go look!
- And People has all the details on the new tour open at Buck House and it’s really interesting. WHY AREN’T WE THERE RIGHT NOW ON THAT TOUR?
- What Would Kate Do? wonders…What Would Kate Buy At J Crew?
- Wills helped save four lives last week. I’m sure he hopes that we all get a tally of lives saved at the end of every week he has on the job. (Vanity Fair)
- The Express has a piece on, and I quote, “the responsibilities [Willikins] will assume when he inherits the Duchy of Cornwall on the accession of Prince Charles as king.” IF THAT EVER HAPPENS. (I kid. It will happen. Unless QE2 lives for like 30 more years [possible] and Chaz trips over an ottoman and unceremoniously kicks it.) Note: this article has lots of pics of Wills with hair, cradling farm animals.
- Queen Mathilde LOVES this dress. (It IS good.) (Royalista)
- Hello! put together a slideshow of some of Queen Maxima’s most noteworthy hats.
- OMG, look at this ginormous tiara! It’s amazing. (Luxarazzi)
- People checks in with Prince Harry in Namibia. I mean, not personally.