Greetings! After a long week dealing with the Golden Globes, we are back to the warm and loving embrace of Royals Round-Up. I have Harry! I have Kate! I have a woman in a tiara cradling a cat! I have elephants! I HAVE EVERYTHING.
Here at GFY, in case you missed it:
- Kate hung out with some school children and a noted British cross-dressing artist.
- Kate also went out to an event for foster families, which was chockablock with cute kids.
- We also have our Downton Abbey recaps back again this season. (Not royals, I know, NOT EVEN REAL PEOPLE, but given that I know there’s some overlap in interests, I thought a heads up would not go amiss.)
- And finally, although you may be well aware thanks to earlier postings, I know there are some people who only read this particular post, and this info is for you: We revealed the cover for our new book, The Royal We, this week, and we’re giving away three autographed, advanced copies (AKA Copies of the Next to Final Final Draft That Are Otherwise Sent Out For Reviews; there aren’t any major differences between this version and the final, but you’ll get to see the occasional random typo [there’s one bit that’s missing a word] and whatnot, which can be interesting, AND you’ll get it way early, which might be exciting!).
I have much goodness from elsewhere for you, as well:
- Hello! takes a look back at the aforementioned Princess Michael of Kent. She seems like a character.
- She certainly wore some AMAZING HEADPIECES. (The Royal Hats Blog)
- Wills and Kate and Harry are now on Twitter, and on Instagram. I really hope one of them (HARRY) gets drunk and accidentally posts a real photo of William, like, passed out sleeping on the sofa as George draws on his face, instead of letting Their People run it.
- Vanity Fair looks at the grand tradition of the British Royals taking ski trips, including a lot of the Former Hair of Prince William. (We even have a ski trip in The Royal We.)
- Over at People, the AstroTwins took a look at Kate’s horoscope for the year, in honor of her birthday last week. (It actually sounds astrologically stressful. Sorry, Kate.)
- Fergie has been out and about a LOT lately. The Duchess Diaries looks at 12 times she made us roll our eyes.
- The Palace has released the list of all the gifts the royals were given in 2014 and it is fascinating. Fruitcake! Possum capes! Sling shots! Booze! Decorative eggs! (The Telegraph)
- Oooh, over at The Court Jeweller: Jewel History: Wedding Presents of a Princess (1879).
- Double ooh, at Royalista: a history of The Royal Monogram