All hail the return of Prince Harry! Our Royals Round-Ups have been sadly devoid of His Gingerness these last few weeks UNTIL NOW. (He also had an event earlier this week, which of course we covered. Kate’s back in business next week, too, so mark your calendars.) Also: the return of Crown Princess Mary, some goofy glasses, a stranger in a fur hat, and The Queen Defies Death…FOREVER.
- Yesterday was Crown Princess Mary’s birthday! Naturally, the folks at Hello! are all over it.
- Sophie and Edward Wessex are currently visiting Finland, and our friends over at the Countess of Wessex blog are on top of the events.
- You’ll probably want to look at these snaps of kids who are super disinterested in/hilariously sassy when meeting Kate.
- What Kate Wore has snaps from one of Kate’s engagements in December that we thought was unphotographed (she’s at a meeting with one of the charities for which she is patron; we don’t always see those because…you know, she’s just going to a meeting and no one takes a picture). The coat is, of course, McQueen,
- Also at The Duchess Diary: Today marks the 63rd anniversary of QE2 becoming Queen. (She passes Victoria for Longest Reign in September)
- Okay, so this is from the Daily Mail (I Know), but still: who ELSE is going to write a totally unimpeachable piece about THE WORLD’S SEXIEST ROYALS? (I was just going to say that we actually have a World’s Sexiest Royals joke in The Royal We, but I then remembered that the joke is ever so slightly more specific than that.)
- And the Daily Beast enumerates The Biggest Royal Lotharios.
- Tatler did a piece on The Best Royal Hair and was nice enough to use a photo of William dating from when his hair was luxurious and he was basically HOT LIKE FIRE.
- They also did a whole slideshow that’s just pictures of Harry. I am not going to keep this information from you.
- The Daily News ran snaps of the Middletons, Wills and Kate, and Prince George on vacay for Carole Middleton’s 60th last week. There are swim trunks AND overalls. Both on Kate. (Not really.) (OR REALLY?) (Wills has nice legs.)
- The Queen is PHASING OUT THE CORGIS, per The Mirror. Because she’s afraid she’s going to trip over one and break a hip, which is fair.
- There’s a new bio of Prince Charles coming out, in which it is alleged — among a lot of other stuff — that he ALSO wanted to get out of marrying Diana, just as she did him at the last minute. Imagine if they’d actually gone and spoken to each other about this! (I know why they didn’t, of course, but you have to think about these things sometimes.) The book is getting a lot of traction — I haven’t yet read it — but this is per People.
- Maxima has brought out a new hat that looks like a chocolate souffle right on top of her head and then a red turban (via Royalista, and Royal Hats blog)
- Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor, in fact, revisits Maxima and W-A’s wedding, in all its glory.
[Photos: Getty, Splash, ERIC LALMAND/AFP/Getty Images]