Mark your calendars! This weekend is the Grammys AND the BAFTAs, so Monday will be JAM-PACKED WITH ACTION. Until then:
– We’re excited to note that we’re going to be covering Fashion Week — which kicks off Thursday! — as well as awards season and a variety of other fun things for Cosmo! Come by and see us sometime. We will cherry-pick the best sex tips for you.
– Speaking of: A writer for Cosmo tried “all the sex from 50 Shades of Grey in one weekend.” She made me laugh out loud. (Cosmo.com)
– This is awesome: The Long Lost Archives of New York’s Most Glamorous Hotel (Atlas Obscura)
– I KNOW you want to read Fashionista’s interview with Downton Abbey’s costume designer.
– The WSJ has an interesting piece on a new book site called Literary Hub. We all need more places to read about books we need to read!
– Speaking of books, this is one of my favorite series from The Toast. This time: How to Tell if You Are in a Victor Hugo Novel. For example: “You come across a stranger in a darkened alley by a cathedral—but is it a stranger? No! For there are but twelve people in all of France, and you have long and complicated histories with all of them.”
– Whit Stillman is adapting Jane Austen’s Lady Susan, starring Chloe Sevigny and Kate Beckinsale. !!!!! (The AV Club)
– Have you seen the new Miss Dior ad with Natalie Portman? Lainey’s got it.
– Elle explores How To Dress Like Your Favorite Literary Heroines
– Vanity Fair counts down TV’s most satisfying kisses.
– I’m sure you want to read this oral history of The Facts of Life, courtesy of Entertainment Weekly
– I don’t know if this is true, but I like it conceptually. From Celebitchy: Is Ellen Barkin engaged to a British barrister she met at Clooney’s wedding?
– The pics of Chrises Pratt and Evans visiting a children’s hospital, as part of their Super Bowl bet, will give you feelings. (Buzzfeed)
– Love this post from Elements of Style about how she’d style celebs for the Oscars.
– And you’ll probably want to read this piece in Vanity Fair in which Gina Lollobrigida discusses, as they call it, “her outrageous tabloid scandals.”
– Speaking of the Oscars, The Cut has a good piece all about the infamous Morning After photo of Faye Dunaway.
– I giggled out loud at this headline: Eddie Redmayne Stars In the 21st Century Bad Movie Accent Death Match
– The name of this site says it all: Drunk Girls Do Renaissance Paintings in Bathrooms
– Over at Paper, they’re running down the best New York “It Girls” of all time (NSFW). I always want to know what happens to the It Girl when she grows up and no one gives a shit about what shoes she’s wearing anymore. She better hope she’s rich, or smart. Or, ideally, both.
– Speaking of lists, this is a hoot: The 28 Worst Celebrity Neighbors, over at Vulture.
– I suspect some of you will need this guidance: 8 Ways to Wait for Outlander’s Return, from our friends at Heroes and Heartbreakers.