This week’s RRU is mostly Maxima and Letizia and I can’t imagine that’s too disappointing. Stay tuned for this weekend, though, because Wills and Kate are going to the BAFTAs. And, in case you missed it earlier this week, Wills and Kate and Harry had a variety of outings — including a foot race! — that I suspect you will want to see.
Before we get to Interesting Things That Happened Around the Internet, I’m going to embed a few shots from Getty that — for REAL BORING logistical reasons — I couldn’t get otherwise, but I wanted you to see. The slideshow has lots of pics of Max and Wax frolicking about, but I didn’t want you to miss these lovelies:
A) Maxima looks amazing in this red caftan number, and her necklace is sublime.
B) That mustard and turquoise number is INSANE. Completely bonkers. She is a delight.
Of potential interest to you on the internets:
– This is fascinating, at Macleans: Queen Elizabeth’s exhausting 16-hour work day: A look back at Pierre Berton’s 1953 report from behind the scenes of the royal household and the ‘strange job of being Queen.’
– Londonist has a super interesting piece about how various castles and palaces got their names.
–This is quite old, but it was new to me and OMG IT’S GLORIOUS. At Architectural Digest: How Prince Charles Renovated This Incredible Historic Scottish Home. Just go look at it. Look!
– Related, at Apartment Therapy: Get the Royal Look Inspired By Netflix Hit The Crown. They mean in your home, not…like, on your face or whatever.
– Royal Central put together a list of all the goofy things that have featured the Queen’s face.
– This is also a bit old but evergreen and AMAZING, at Atlas Obscura: Sammezzano: The Most Magnificent Castle You Cannot See
– And Hello! brings us a look back at Princess Caroline, from birth to current day.
And elsewhere on Ye Olde Social Media:
Prinsessan Estelle, hertiginna av Östergötland, och Prins Oscar, hertig av Skåne, är barn till Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel. Prinsessan Estelle är tronarvinge och den andra i tronföljdsordningen efter Kronprinsessan. Läs mer på www.kungahuset.se/bernadotte. Där finns Kungafamiljens biografier i text och bild. Foto: Anna-Lena Ahlström/Kungahuset.se Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland, and Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne, are the children of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. Princess Estelle is an heir to the throne, and is second in line to the throne after The Crown Princess. Find out more at www.kungahuset.se/bernadottedynasty. Here, you can find biographies and photographs of the Royal Family. Photo: Anna-Lena Ahlström/royalcourt.se #bernadotte #kungahuset #släktträd #släkt #sverigeshistoria
— Tesouras&Tiaras (@TesourasTiaras) February 10, 2017