Friday at last! I have a variety of things to bring you — further bits and bobs from the Casiraghi/Borromeo wedding and King Felipe in shorts on a boat among them! If you missed it, we had coverage of the aforementioned Casiraghi/Borromeo wedding over the weekend and, you guys, it was SO PRETTY. It might have been my actual dream wedding.
As a reminder, in case you’ve been off on vacay for the last couple of weeks, The Royal We is now available on e-book basically everywhere.
- This is a good piece on People: Martin Katz, the jeweller, talks about his encounters with Wills and Kate on Mustique. Why am I not in Mustique right now???
- The Telegraph reports that Kate’s now qualified as an advanced diver. Why am I not an advanced diver right now???
- Also at People, apparently Pippa’s phone screensaver is a snap of Prince George. I am sure there are people in the world whose screensaver is a snap of George who are not even related to George.
- Vanity Fair runs down The Most Stylish Royal Weddings of the Decade . . . So Far
- At History Extra, for you tapestry lovers (such as myself): James V’s lost tapestries recreated at Stirling Castle
- Royalista has good coverage of some of the best-dressed guests at the Casiraghi/Borromeo wedding.
- As did our friends at People.
- And the Royal Hats blog covered — as you might guess! — some of its most noteworthy hats.
- Per The Telegraph, Fergie has up and moved to the Swiss Alps, as one does.
- HRH Duchess Kate has an excellent piece about Kate’s uniform (you know the one: striped top, jeans, blazer).
- I’ll just leave the headline PopSugar wrote for this piece right here: Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia Show PDA During a Family Beach Day
- The ladies at All Things Georgian have written a fascinating piece about George VI’s summer jaunt to Scotland, apt because QE2 happens to be summering there right now.
- Related, The Crown Chronicles has a piece about the history of the Queen’s annual Balmoral jaunt.
- For those of you missing Prince Harry (he is still in Africa), he’ll be back next month, and flying a Spitfire, no less. (The Sun)
[Photos: Getty, GIUSEPPE CACACE/AFP/Getty Images, JacopoR/PierreS GC Images, Hugo Rittson Thomas/Royal Household via Getty Images]