A LOT happened this week, in addition to all the shenanigans to be covered herein — which include cake! Puppies! The exchange of monies between mother and son! AND Joan Collins! To catch you up on the stuff we’ve already talked about, first, though:
- Harry and Cressida are out in public -- and by “out in public,” I mean, “are officially together at events sanctioned by the palace,” and we speculated about it, like, a lot.
- “Sources” claim Kate is giving Cressy lots of friendly advice, which is nice if it’s true, although it’s not like palace sources are going to be all, “BITCHES HATE EACH OTHER, WOW YOU GUYS IT’S GONNA GET JUICY CAN’T WAIT GET OUT THE POPCORN!!!!” Although I firmly think it’s totally possible that they DO like each other just fine, how the hell are we supposed to decide how they feel until they’re photographed together in public and we can spend like four hours poring over the photos to interpret their body language like the Royal Body Language Experts we’ve self-trained to become?
- LATE EDITION GOSSIP: The Telegraph indicates Cressida is not ready to get married; this piece is actually quite interesting and makes me like her more.
- Wills and Kate have an event on Monday, so meet me here and we’ll talk about if they seem sufficiently tan for two people who’ve just been in the Maldives for a week while everyone complained about them, even people who actually really like them (like me! I feel like I need to restate for the record that I actually love W&K. I just don’t love their decision-making at the moment and I kind of worry that someone painted the inside of their new Kensington Palace apartments with paint that’s slowly making them bonkers).
- People wore HATS and Harry wore suits and was harassed by street signs.
- A lot of folks, including Pippa and Fergie (??) went to David Frost’s memorial in smart, dark clothing.
- Heather and I went to England in January to research our new book, The Royal We, and we wrote about it and shared lots of pictures on our book blog.