Happy Friday! Has this week felt like it took two years, or what?
– Lainey has a really interesting piece about the current shake-up in the tabloid industry (Us Weekly was recently purchased, laid off a bunch of people, and closed their LA office, which is intense. I really feel for all those writers and editors).
– Also really interesting at Lainey is her take on John Mayer’s recent New York Times interview.
– AMAZING, at The Art Newspaper: Experts restore rare Dutch Golden Age map found stuffed up a chimney
– Vulture asks a question I am DEFINITELY INVESTED IN: Did Senator Cory Booker and Mindy Kaling Just Set Up a Real-Life Date Over Twitter?
– This is one of the best articles I’ve read recently, at LA Mag: The Hollywood Exec and the Hand Transplant That Changed His Life
– I also really enjoyed this, at Essence: Dope Girls On The Internet: Giphy’s Culture Queen Is Giving Us The GIFs We Need
– Have you read this piece at The Cut, about the INSANE WORKING PRACTICES at Thinx (a product I really liked). It’s INSANE.
– Also at Vulture: Every Excuse The Americans Has Used to Explain Where The Hell Henry Is All The Time. Er, that’s a paraphrase of their headline.
– Vogue tell us You Can Spend the Night in Henry VIII’s Honeymoon Castle. OKAY!
– Pajiba outlines Why Television Shows Should Have Term Limits.
– The Daily Beast asks: Can Lindsay Lohan Be Great Again?
– At Refinery29, a look at Victoria Beckham’s new Target line.
– At Celebitchy: There is a rumor that Tom Cruise is circling Vanessa Kirby — you know, Princess Margaret in The Crown — as his next bride. She is 28. He is 54. SIDE-EYE.
– The New Potato brings you COATS!