Oh my god it’s finally Friday. Was it just me, or was this week a slog? I felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off the entire time. I wish I could spend this entire weekend submerged in a pool with a margarita IV. In place of that, you may find this soothing:
– Really funny, at Elle, from genius R. Eric Thomas: The Audacity of Starbucks’ Unicorn Frappuccino Is Astounding. To wit: “What did we do to deserve this? Isn’t the present perilous enough? Aren’t I stressed enough? Isn’t my T-zone dry enough? Why are they unleashing this on us? Starbucks says it’s a “sweet but pleasantly sour spectacle.” That’s not a thing. That’s not a way to describe a beverage. At best, it’s a description of a very competent revival of She Loves Me. Is this Frappuccino She Loves Me ? Is it? Does this beverage feature a scene-stealing turn by the superlative Gavin Creel? Well?!”
– An excellent piece at The Stranger: The Heart of Whiteness: Ijeoma Oluo Interviews Rachel Dolezal, the White Woman Who Identifies as Black.
– This was really interesting, over at Purseblog: If You Want to Buy an Hermès Bag When Visiting Paris, This is the Insane Procedure You Now Have to Follow.
– Here for this (at The Telegraph): As The Queen prepares to celebrate her 91st birthday, meet the most stylish nonagenarians in the world.
– At Lainey, your Chris Evans Update.
– Bless the New York Public Library: Our Favorite Fictional Librarians, Ranked.
– I thought this was excellent, at Catapult: To Swim is to Endure: On Living with Chronic Pain.
– Via Pajiba: I cannot believe they’re making another season of The X-Files, but I am DELIGHTED by this deep-dive into Scully’s various hair-dos.
– Amber Heard is dating Elon Musk? Where have I been? [Celebitchy]
– Also at Revelist, three cheers for Christian Siriano.
– And, in case you missed it here at GFY, I read that new biography of Prince Charles, and picked out the most juicy bits for your perusal.