This is a toughie for me.
This is EXTREMELY GOOP Lite to me, and I can’t decide if that’s good or bad. I’m not sure if Dakota Fanning ever actually sells the more adventurous stuff she wears, or is she just sort of allows it to be on her body and then waits until it goes away again. Does she ever seem at home in this stuff? Is she trying too hard? I mean, sure, I’d rather she tried than showed up in formal shorts and Birkenstocks, but after this many years I still think she is having to make the clothes work rather than making the clothes work for her.
So, I’m torn. This could be super edgy and fun that she’s swinging around in a cape, or the boots could be a step too far. OR, she could be at exactly the right age to pull off those suckers and is simply a soldier of time and place. Or none of it matters because WHY did this party decide a moldering heap of faded insulation was an attractive representation of snow? Is THAT why she looks terrified, or is she just scared of what we’re going to say about her armpit vents?
What ARE we going to say about her armpit vents?
- We are going to say YAY to this whole outfit (53%, 1,606 Votes)
- We are going to say YAY to the cape but NAY to the boots (22%, 676 Votes)
- We are going to say YAY to the boots but NAY to the cape (7%, 226 Votes)
- I have YAYs and NAYs for other things (6%, 193 Votes)
- NAYYYYYYY (11%, 339 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,040