This Royals Round-Up is extremely Harry heavy. It has white polo pants and SWORD-FIGHTING and also kissing. (The kissing, however, involves Prince Albert. I just wanted to be upfront with you.)
In Case You Missed It! Kate left the house this week and, as often is the case with her cocktail party wear, I made some perplexed faces. I get that cocktail wear is sort of a weird nether world between the Day Dress (which she generally nails) and Formal Wear (also many successful outings), but I have hope that this can be perfected eventually.
- Spain’s Duchess of Alba died this week. She was quite a character. And she was married to a dude 25 years younger than she was, against the wishes of her children! Her Wikipedia also taught me that she was Spain’s richest woman, she “had more titles recognized by an existing government than any other noble in the world,” her second husband was a former Jesuit priest who was SCANDALOUSLY ILLEGITIMATE, and her first wedding was allegedly the most expensive in the world. THIS sounds like a book. (Today)
- Speaking of weddings, Thursday was QE2 and Philip’s 67th anniversary. Hello! takes a look back at the wedding (and secret engagement. I love a secret engagement).
- The Court Jeweller has GREAT pictures from their wedding, too.
- I assume you want the scoop on Wills and Kate’s trip to New York! What Would Kate Do? has you covered.
- Wills has teamed up with Angry Birds for wildlife conservation awareness. Harry is still working on his collaboration with Candy Crush. (People)
- I will never resist linking to a story about James Middleton’s Custom Marshmallow Empire. (NYT)
- Vanity Fair has this great piece on all of Princess Diana’s amazing/hideous/amazing sweaters, with bonus shots of tiny Wills and Harry. I really really want the one that’s covered in sheep.
[Photos: Getty, Splash, Fame/Flynet]