The New York Times review of Priscilla, the new Sofia Coppola film about Priscilla Presley, is very interesting — and a bit confusing. It says “Presley’s estate was unwilling to support the film or authorize the use of his songbook,” but also notes that the actual Priscilla attended the screening and praised the film; my understanding was that Priscilla, as Wikipedia put it, “is also actively involved in the company” that currently owns 85% of the estate. (Lisa Marie owned the other 15%, which is now divided between Riley Keough and her sisters.) I bet where was some internal conflict there; either way, it seems like Priscilla is happy with this version of a sliver of her life story. Let’s see what she and everyone else wore to promote this film in Venice. It had…kind of a weird vibe?

[Photos: Anthony Harvey/Shutterstock, Manuele Mangiarotti/ipa-agency/Shutterstock, Simone Comi/, Alberto Terenghi/ipa-agency ne/Shutterstock]