I am very excited to inform you that summer is nearly over, and many people (MAXIMA!) are back to work, although things won’t REALLY get going until next week (which will include, among other things, the reappearance of Harry and Kate and Wills). AND YET: This slideshow brings you HATS and CHILDREN and HIDEOUS WAISTCOATS and HATS AGAIN.
- The Royal Hats blog has an interesting look at Crown Princess Mette-Marit’s new pillbox, which was recycled out of a whole other hat. It’s like Inception with hats.
- It’s Pierre Casiraghi’s birthday and Hello has Facts and Photos.
- Wills and Kate went out last weekend and there were many reports, like this one from Vanity Fair, including details of what they ate (food!) and drank (drinks!) and wore (jeans!) and did (CANOODLED!)
- There are rumors that W&K will be taking a trip to China next year, which would be great fun for those of us tasked to covering it in detail (ME.)
- Harry turns 30 on September 15th (don’t worry; we will celebrate as expected, with Goat), and the Telegraph has details of what he’s going to inherit on this birthday. (Spoiler: a bunch of money from Diana’s estate, and also her wedding dress, which…I assume he will just wear about the house?)
- History Extra has a very interesting look at Henry V this week.
- Here’s Harry in his rugby gear. (And Hello! has a picture of him playing what they CALL rugby, but it’s absolutely not: It’s Wall Game, this wacky Etonian game where faces are shoved into walls. It’s very entertaining and it plays a part in The Royal We.)
- Gizmodo has a fascinating and theoretical look at what could happen to the Union Jack should Scotland vote for independence.
- Great news! Our Twitter friends at The Duchess Diary now have a proper website! And it is a delight.