We are BACK IN BUSINESS! We’ve got gowns! Beards! Bangs! New bits from stuff that happened earlier this week! Kate and Wills and Harry at rugby just now, reunited! (Wills has ALSO had a haircut; it’s much closer cropped and WAY BETTER.) Hairnets! Accidentally matching ensembles! AND MORE.
Here at GFY this week:
– Kate had an event yesterday, where she officially debuted her new bangs. (Reviews are mixed to not great.)
– HARRY IS BACK AND HE HAS A BEARD AND HE’S NICE TO OLD PEOPLE AND HE’S HOT.
– ALSO: Time is running out for you to get The Royal We for $3.99 on Kindle — the price is going to go back up at the end of the month. Just buy it now so you don’t have to worry about missing it!
- Harry made his acting debut in the intro to the Rugby World Cup today. He plays a gardener of yore, which I suspect might actually be a deep personal fantasy for some of you. NO JUDGEMENT. The whole thing is very ENGLAND! SPORTS! RUGBY THIGHS! PERIOD PIECES! Which re some of my favorite things, actually:
- Queen Letizia has had a doll made in her likeness and, surprisingly, it is NOT totally hideous and freaky-looking. (The Duchess Diary)
- People updates us on all of Prince Carl-Philip’s race-car driving shenanigans.
- They also wonder How Many Scandinavian Royals Fit Into One Amazing Photo
- I very much approve of Order of Splendor’s Outfit of the Day on Crown Princess Mary here.
- Over at The Court Jeweller, we get intel on all the jewels from Prinsjesdag.
- And the Royal Hats blog brings us that event’s HATS FROM THE PAST.
- Beatrice and Eugenie are MAKING THE ROUNDS in NYC. I saw Bea at two shows, and they also went to the US Open last week, which meant they weren’t in London for QE2’s big I’ve Reigned The Longest Moment. (Royalista)
- Felipe and Letizia visited the United States this week, and Letizia spent her birthday at The White House! Both she and Michelle Obama looked lovely. (I thought Michelle’s dress reminded me of Kate’s Hobbs table tennis frock.) I couldn’t get the snap of the two of them to run here on GFY, but you can see it via that first link, and also on Pete Souza’s Instagram (he’s the White House’s official photographer; his Insta is quite good):
- On that tip, the Washington Post wonders if Felipe and Letizia are going to be the ones to save the Spanish monarchy.
- Princess Charlene attended her brother’s wedding this past weekend, per Hello! Albert looks chipper, and Charlene looks unhappy. Hey, you guys, maybe she just really REALLY hates weddings.
- This is at the Daily Mail (I Know), so take that with the grain of salt it deserves (AKA an entire block of it), but the press are delighting in concocting an alleged love triangle between Cressy (who just broke up w. her boyfriend), Chelsy (who Harry allegedly saw in Africa), and Harry. My favorite bits about these sort of articles is trying to figure out what everyone’s agenda is; personally, I felt like there were a lot of “sources” talking to the Mail about Cressida when she and Harry were together/breaking up that I felt were possibly coming from Camp Cressy (not her, personally, but perhaps someone who was agitating for her behind the scenes), and I swear that one source is BACK. I don’t know that I believe a word of it — consider the source, literally — but it’s juicy gossip and I do love sexual geometry. At any rate, give them a hit at your discretion. (I might be team Chelsy.)
- Finally, I love this photo from Harry’s Battle of Britain event. Spot the Ginger!
Pilots listen to the pre-flight briefing at Boultbee Flight Academy. Today’s #BoB75 flypast over the South of England will feature around 40 Spitfires, Hurricanes and Blenheims, bringing more #BattleofBritain aircraft together in one place than at any other time since #WW2. A photo posted by Kensington Palace (@kensingtonroyal) on