Well, we have loads to cover today. Put on your tiara, and let’s get right to it. There are A LOT of three-piece suits ahead, and a lot of pictures of Prince Harry, as I went on kind of a…downloading rampage. As a scheduling note: Wills and Kate have several events on the schedule for weekend, which I plan to cover in a timely-ish, pre-Monday, fashion, so if you have a spare moment in between whatever you like to get up to on the weekends (gardening? decoupage? NaNoWriMo? solving crimes? heavy drinking?), pop on by and see what has transpired.
- A late add, from Vanity Fair: Report: Queen Elizabeth Assassination Attempt Thwarted. I think I speak for all of us when I say, “!!!”
- In The Telegraph: Oldest objects owned by the Queen go on display in Buckingham Palace exhibition. And they are OLD.
- Page Six thinks Today IS going to offer Pippa Middleton a job. On one end: good for Pippa! An interesting job would probably do her good, and everyone certainly is going to have low expectations here, so she might nail it, and I actually hope she does. Second: I look forward to all the awkward questions about Kate, that she’ll have to answer by saying, “mmmm, I’m not really allowed to talk about that? Sorry.” Finally: What does this mean for her relationship with The Handsome Bounder Nico Jackson Who’s Already Moved to A Place With Terribly Lenient Banking Laws? Actually, it might all work out for the best if she moved to New York and fell in love with some responsible, hunky firefighter. There you go, Pips. Your life, all sorted.
- Speaking of sisters, looks like King Felipe’s sister Cristina is in fact going to be tried for tax fraud. Christmas at that palace is just going to be chockablock with side-eye. (Hello! cheerfully points out that at least they’re not getting her for money laundering!)
- Per The Express, Prince William once worked “downstairs” at Chatsworth House for two weeks, undercover. Or rather, “undercover,” since I am sure a lot of people were like, “is that…? It can’t be…. It sure looks like….! HELLO YOUNG MAN I NEED MORE TEA.”
- Tatler has a very interesting slideshow about Princess Margaret (their current cover girl). Princess Beatrice resembles her in a few of these photos. Also: Lord Snowden was EXTREMELY TAN, apparently.
- I often use The Court Jeweller as a resource on all things sparkly (and link it here often), and I really enjoyed this piece about one of the books Ella Kay uses often for reference.
- The poppies at the Tower of London continue to be glorious and breathtaking. What Kate Wore has a FABULOUS round-up of photos and links about it (as well as updates to the D of C’s calendar, so scroll down for breathtaking poppy action.)
- Princess Anne is apparently in Washington, D.C., so CRIMINALS, WATCH OUT. Her cover story is some yada yada about opening an exhibition about the Magna Carta at the Library of Congress. Although, actually, if any of you go look at it, report back, because that’s cool. (Royalista)
- Finally, I’m delighted to have been featured in What Would Kate Do’s round-up of British royal family Halloween costumes. (As those of you who read our Halloween coverage already know, I basically just threw that together from stuff in my closet, as I have a long history of doing. Kate and Liz Lemon are not, as costumes, as far apart as you would suspect.)