We’ve got a premature Royals Round-Up this week, because Heather and I are about to kick off our Thanksgiving holiday and thus today is like our Friday. Never fear, we’ve still got plenty to discuss!
– First of all, in case you missed it, Kate had an event yesterday, to which a red dress and a jaunty ponytail were worn. There was ALSO a giant tea pot (sadly, it was not Mrs Potts). (If you want to buy the mugs in that post, as was discussed in the comments, you can sign up to be notified when they go on sale here.)
- Look at this insane hat Princess Anne wore in the Hat from the Past feature on the Royal Hats blog. I LONG for her to wear it again.
- The Court Jeweller has the scoop about how Monaco is planning to celebrate Princess Charlene’s twins (which are due around Christmas, apparently). All turkeys will be pardoned! Wait, that’s something else. Loads of interesting old pics for your perusal.
- Wills and Kate are arriving in NYC on December 7th and The Mirror claims they’re bunking at The Carlyle. You know, if one of you just HAPPENS to have an errand to do in that neighborhood, you should keep an eye out and then contact us immediately.
- Or if you have, like, a LOT of spare change, you can buy a table at their St Andrews dinner at the Met. It’s only $100,000 for 10 people. DO IT AND LIVE-BLOG IT. (The Express)
- The Daily Mail I Know has that previously-never-seen portrait of Wills and Kate and George that you may have seen on Twitter/Tumblr yesterday. (It’s a thank you card.) Royal Kate Debate hilariously and aptly noted that George happens to be wearing his own version of William’s Dreaded Dad Jeans and it’s totally TOTALLY true. Kate’s just f’ing with us now.
- Wills & Kate & Harry have finally hired their own press guru (they used to have their own, then they were covered by Charles’s team, and now they’ve got their own person again, which frankly seems like a good idea to me. Rumors had been that W wanted someone who’d never worked for his father before.) He’s 30 years old, American, and, honestly, kind of dishy. (The Telegraph)
- I don’t think said Dishy Guru has started work for them yet, but if this Kate’s Buying Harry a Puppy For Christmas story is his work — say, a trial gossip suggestion leaked as a way to test his skills — WELL PLAYED, SIR. You know exactly what you’re doing. (Vanity Fair)
- Apparently, Wills is also going to be allegedly be visiting China in 2015. (Kate is staying home, because she will be too pregnant to travel.) He seems like the correct one to send. (BBC)
- “Allegedly” no more – the Palace just confirmed he’s going to Japan and China in late February/early March. LATE-BREAKING THANKSGIVING NEWS. (This makes me think Kate must be due later in April.)
- THIS is a headline: Queen Elizabeth’s Chef Fired After Scuffle at Buckingham Palace. There is alleged headbutting! Tell me more, Us Weekly!
- Macleans interviews the author of a new book about Queen Victoria (to add to your Goodreads list)!
[Photos: Getty, Splash, Rui Vieira/PA Wire]