You guys! This week’s Royals Round-Up has EVERYTHING: Wills and Kate in Wales today, where they abseiled down a rock and rejected her fringe, among other things! Harry in a tux! William in a doctor costume! Royal babies! Sunglasses! Princess Michael of Kent’s HUGE HAIR and ROMANCE NOVEL! Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice being very affectionate! And also, you know, lots of other stuff.
Another busy royals week here at GFY. In case you missed anything :
– Kate rewore one of my favorite of her looks to give a speech at the Place2Be conference, which is part of her work on behalf of children’s mental health. It was WINDY, which led to some good Hair Shenanigans.
– She and William also went to the French embassy to sign their condolences book, then she wore a new (and pretty) dress to the Fostering Network Awards, while he went to the England v. France soccer match.
And, finally, a bit of housekeeping: We are thrilled that The Royal We has made it to the last, and deciding, round of the Goodreads Choice Awards! Huge thanks to everyone who has voted for us throughout the competition! Voting closes on November 23rd, and you can vote for us, or for any of the other extremely worthy finalists, here. This one is for all the marbles!
– Prince Albert talked to People about his twins; apparently, in the manner of all small children, they are a bit of a handful and very cute. Albert loves talking to People. It’s like his mother was a huge movie star or something.
– In honor of Monaco’s National Day, Hello! has photos of Monaco’s royal children throughout the years.
– In The Express this week, a story about how Kate’s planning to step up her engagements and speaking dates in the upcoming months. Given that Kate gave two more speeches this week than she did possibly all of last year, I think this has some truth to it.
– Prince Harry is going to Lesotho and South Africa next week, to play polo and visit his charity and, I decided, also to visit Chelsy Davy (who may be in London right now for all I know, but please don’t ruin my fiction).
– You’ll also want to see Harry meeting little Harper Seven Beckham, who does not care. (Hello!)
– Now Katie Nicholl at Vanity Fair has picked up that crackers Daily Mail story about how Kate and Pippa are going to start an organic food business. This is never going to happen. PIPS might start an organic food business — that actually makes sense — but Kate is not going to be in on it. She and Pippa are hardly ever even seen in public together!
– This week marked the 110th anniversary of — if I may quote The Court Jeweller — “Prince Carl of Denmark [being] elected King Haakon VII of Norway,” and the post about that, and his bride’s tiaras, is a good read.
– Today is QE2 and Phil’s anniversary! I think those two kids might just make it. People takes a look back.
To keep this from taking over the homepage, a variety of Royals Instagrams INCLUDING A SLOTH after the jump:
– These press instructions for the photo opportunity when Wills and Kate popped out to be all, “WHEE! WE’RE ENGAGED!” is fascinating. You know I love royals logistics:
— Mark Cuthbert (@markacuthbert) November 16, 2015
–Speaking of love, and continuing W&K’s grand tradition of flirting with each other whilst on the road, this happened today in Wales:
— British Royals (@britishroyals) November 20, 2015
– Prince Haakon embraced a…lemur? A sloth? It’s cozy, regardless:
— Kjell Arne Totland (@TV2KjellArne) November 18, 2015
– As part of the anti-bullying charity he works with — an event for which we have in the slideshow — Wills revealed his team of supporters in life (we saw photos of this event when it happened, but the pictures never got close enough to actually find out who he named until now, surely by design):
– AND FINALLY, seeing this first on Twitter, I had a brief moment of thinking Princess Anne was EMERGING from the painting behind her. IF ONLY: