GET READY, because we have a lot to discuss this week, not the least of which is that Queen Maxima wore CULOTTES. Also, Fancy Dress kick-off for Sofia and Carl Philip’s wedding, AND we’re at Maximum Harry and it’s only going to get maximum…ier. Or something. (See also: Previously, Prince Harry met Lady Gaga.)
And, for some house-keeping: Saturday is both Trooping The Colo(u)r AND the aforementioned royal wedding, and we will be covering both of them over the weekend, so come on by! (Sophie Wessex and Prince Edward are the Brits whose names got pulled out of the hat to miss their own event in order to rep The Firm at the wedding. By which I mean, they’re the ones who are senior enough to go without it looking like an insult who aren’t also too important to miss their own shebang and who also aren’t Prince Andrew. [I suspect Edward and Sophie always get the nod because the Queen knows they’ll be well behaved. I look forward to seeing her hat!]) ANYWAY, I’m not quite sure which event is going to end up published first, but come on by anyway and cross your fingers Kate pops out to dangle George off the Buck House balcony. She IS going to be there Saturday, but George is a question mark (the RUMOR is that he’s going to be in the carriage with Kate, but my guess is that it depends on his mood). I would be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to the return of the Holy Triumvirate of Kate, Wills, and Harry. All this, and the Wikipedia Wormhole that comes from the rando aristos who attend any royal wedding! I am excited.
ALSO: Some of you have been asking if you can get autographed copies of The Royal We and the answer is yes! We signed stock when we were in Chicago last weekend, so The Book Stall has a lot of signed copies at hand right now, and will happily ship to you wherever you may be. You can call them at 847 446-8880 to order, or email [email protected]. (They’ve actually got LOTS of signed books in stock, so take a look at the list and see if there’s anything else you want, too.)
And now, elsewhere:
- This is amusing. Our friends at People put Carl Philip’s beard on a variety of other royals.
- Also at People, Kate and George popped out for snacks and groceries.
- Still at People, a primer on Trooping The Colour. (They used the “u” in color and SO SHALL I.)
- The folks at Duchess Diary chatted with Victoria Arbiter about what Prince Harry’s new knighthood actually means. (A knighthood I forgot to mention last week because we were travelling for The Royal We and my mental note to add it fell out of my head.)
- This headline, at Hello!, makes me laugh: Duchess of Cornwall debuts quirky baked bean-inspired bag. Honestly, it’s REALLY cute.
- Our friends at What Kate Wore take a look at new resort lines and make some picks for Kate.
- Huge thanks to Book Bub for including The Royal We on their list of great royal romances.
- This cocktail is called The Royal Promise and I WANT TO DRINK IT. (The Stripe)
- Apparently, Princess Charlotte is already sleeping through the night. I suspect she is the Easy Child after George, The Insane Child. (Yahoo)
- Harry will miss Charlotte’s christening because the universe does not want us to see him holding a baby. (Hello!)
- Prince Philip turned 94 this week! (Hello!)
- Hello! also has more details on Princess Isabella of Denmark’s week of official engagements.
- Pippa Middleton designed some pieces with Tabitha Webb in aid of the British Heart Foundation, and honestly, I really like that scarf. (Harper’s Bazaar UK)
- At People, Queen Rania marks her 22nd anniversary via Instagram. (I am clearly going to have to start trolling her Instagram for photos, since we never get them from Getty. Thanks to a trusty Fug National for the heads-up there!)
- Smithsonian has a piece about the auctioning of royal wedding cake slices, and notes YOU SHOULD NOT EAT THEM.
- The upcoming Swedish royal wedding has been a great opportunity to eyeball other iconic royal wedding gowns. (Hello!)
- And The Court Jeweller has a REALLY great look at A Century of Swedish Royal Brides.
- And Order of Splendor’s Tiara Tuesday is Swedish this week, and it’s got a juicy story to go with it.
- Speaking of DRAMA, King Felipe has stripped his sister of her title, due to, you know, all the tax evasion and whatnot. Holidays might be awks for awhile at the palace. (Hello!)