This is an EXTRA FAT Royals Round-Up, and it does have everything: Harry in polo pants! William pointing at airplanes and attempting tennis and planting things with children! Princess Estella of Sweden being extremely cute! Morocco! Trophies! Cheese! Sunglasses! Belgian children being totally disinterested in their family vacation!
While Kate And Others were Mostly Inside this week, I do bring glad tidings: The I Wanna “Marry “Harry” recaps ARE BACK!
- The folks over at The Dress Down did an AMAZING POST, picking out more interesting shoes for a variety of outfits Kate has worn lately. I love her — as you know — but I LONG for her to branch-out, shoe-wise (as you also know), and some of these are spectacularly right.
- The Court Jeweller takes a look through the jewelry that went on the block over at Sotheby’s this week, which included a handful of jewels with noble and/or royal ties. There’s a LOVELY tiara, you guys, and it only went for eighteen thousand pounds.
- I don’t have snaps of this for us, but you have to see the really awkward hat Queen Mathilde wore. (Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor)
- Hello! takes a look at how royal babies have celebrated their first years. (George’s birthday is on Tuesday; I have a seriously unwieldy and ENORMOUS slideshow FULL OF CHEEKS ready for you.)
- There will be new George pics released on Sunday and also on Tuesday, and as predicted, they were snapped at that Butterfly Exhibit, which means we FINALLY get to see Kate’s Green Susannah Dress in the wild. Unless she does something to thwart us, like wearing a lab coat over it or some shit. Don’t toy with me, Middleton. Regardless, I will try and pop them up here as soon as we have them. (Vanity Fair)
- I enjoy this headline from The Telegraph: Camilla collapses as insect lands on Prince Charles’s pants. Brits! I thought “pants” meant “undercrackers” in your fair land! But this article clearly means “trousers,” as Chaz is NOT bottomless. MY WORLD IS COLLAPSING. Does this mean that all the time I spent going through the most recent draft of The Royal We making sure our British characters weren’t saying things like, “Yo, check out these awesome pants I bought, dude?” were for naught?! (Spoiler: People in the book wear clothes at least part of the time; I don’t think anyone says “yo.”)
- Also in The Telegraph, apparently Kate is taking cooking lessons…and she was ABSENT FOR TWO DAYS SICK. How has no one jumped on THAT in the midst of all the current chatter about whether or not she’s knocked up? Why am I the only person adding this into the PREGGERS column? (Don’t answer that.)
- Tatler gave Cressy a good review in her new play. Go with your muse, child! (Of course she looks fully insane in the photo.)
[Photos: Getty, Pacific Coast News, Splash]