In which William puts on a wetsuit for us, and Crown Princess Mary works her jeans and sneaks.
BUT FIRST! This week here at GFY, ICYMI, a lot went down:
- William and Harry and Kate kicked off the Tour de France and two out of the three of them wore HORRIBLE PANTS.
- Prince Amedeo of Belgium got married. You know how we love royal weddings around here.
- Wills and Kate went to the men’s final at Wimbledon and made ALL MATTER of faces (and we indulged in all matter of speculation).
- Princess Eugenie also popped by Wimbledon to see Tennis Princess Eugenie, and so did a bunch of other people, most of whom looked delightful.
- Harry tried to make amends for his Trousers Fiasco.
- We took a trip through time and space to revisit the many times Harry was introduced to an animal. #TeamGoat
- There was a meeting of the Blue Suit Committee in which Harry’s pants AGAIN were too big WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE? Do I need to fly over and deal with his inseam personally? I WILL.
Elsewhere, you may enjoy:
- We didn’t have any pics of these, but it pleases me — you will know why — that Princess Eugenie went to the opening of a bracelet line this week. Are you trying to communicate with us, Yooj? Go to a wine store in a cardigan next week. Look shifty. Wait for further instructions. (Hello!)
- Tatler did a big look back at Princess Beatrice’s wardrobe. I still have notes.
- There’s video of the scuba event we covered in the slideshow, in which William has to explain to Prince Charles that “buff” is, in fact, a compliment. “You should be PLEASED,” he says. Parents just don’t understand.
- Kate’s taking a solo trip to Malta in September. “PLEASE don’t be during Fashion Week,” I cried to the heavens. “I’LL DIE.” (It’s not. Also, apparently, she and Harry and William are going to Belgium at the end of THIS month. Presumably for beer? Lock up your blondes.) (Vanity Fair)
- Ooh, we were talking about this recently – apparently Spain’s Princess Cristina is being brought up on charges of fraud and money-laundering. SCANDAL. (BBC)