This is a nice, juicy Royals Round-Up for your Friday, complete with leftover bits and bobs from Charlotte’s Christening and Wimbledon, drinking, darts, tiaras, and a TINY PIGLET. (An actual piglet. That was not a euphemism.)
Here are GFY this week, we:
- Tackled Princess Charlotte’s christening on Sunday at length
- Covered Wills & Kate at Wimbledon on Wednesday
- And had the official Mario Testino-snapped christening pics for your pleasure on Thursday. Make sure you didn’t miss anything!
- Here’s more intel on the Spitfire that Wills got to eyeball this week. It’s pretty interesting! (The Express)
- Royal Central has the scoop on the celebrations being planned by Wills and Harry and Peter Philips for the Queen’s 90th birthday next year. Let’s all go!
- The Daily Mail (I KNOW) has a rather good piece, with tons of photos of royal christenings, that I think you will enjoy. The hats are INSANE. Also, a good reminder that Prince Philip was a dish. Elizabeth has kicked off a tradition of Adding Hot Genes to the ruling family gene pool. (Wills TOTALLY steals focus at Harry’s; Peter Phillips is younger than I am, but his photo seems like it’s 50 years old, etc.)
- Obviously you are going to want to read the Vanity Fair piece about Her Majesty’s corgis.
- Royalista has dug up a TV commercial that Crown Princess Mary appeared in, ages ago.
- Speaking of video, Prince Philip told one of the photographers at the Battle of Britain thing today to “take the f*&ing picture,” and Prince William’s facial expression in response is eloquently, “[sigh].”
- Our friend at Duchess Diary chatted up royal biographer Claudia Joseph.
- Hello! ran down the many historic touches at Princess Charlotte’s christening
- AND has the tea menu.
- I linked to this in the original post about Charlotte’s christening, but The Telegraph has video highlights that I think you will enjoy.
- Victoria Arbiter talked to USA Today about George’s “Daddy and Me” outfits.
- There’s going to be a big bash in Monaco this weekend celebrating Prince Albert’s ten years on the throne; People has the details. (We will cover that, but probably not until next week. I need a nap, and no one’s getting married!)
- Also at People: Why the Queen’s Purse Is Her ‘Most Valued Possession’ – and Answers to Other Important Questions About Princess Charlotte’s Christening Photos. This is great, because the answer to “why does the Queen have her purse in the photo?” is “because the Queen put her purse next to her on the sofa when we took the photo.” It then goes on to gently note that the Queen IS OBSESSED WITH HER PURSE.
- I love the Jewel History feature at The Court Jeweller, and this week’s was particularly good!
- Order of Splendor has some of Crown Princess Mary’s latest!
- But not this, at the Daily Telegraph: Princess Mary pushes her nanny around Copenhagen in a tiny cart