And we’re almost at our final Royals Round-Up of this year, because next Friday is, of course, Christmas! I’m going to do a mini Royals Round-Up on Wednesday, if there is anything to cover, and we’ve got LOADS of royals coverage in our year-end posts – I am bringing you more Harry than you can handle — and of course I’ll be covering the Annual Sandringham Hand-Holding on Christmas day, so don’t be a stranger over the next two weeks. THIS week, however, brings us a turban, and the first sighting of Princes Harry and George in the same location. FINALLY, we know for sure they are not the same person.
In case you missed the action here on GFY this week, Kate re-wore my favorite of her red McQueens for a charity event on Tuesday.
And for your reading interests elsewhere:
– BIG thanks to Bustle, for quoting me in their exploration of the many reasons why this Harry And Pippa Are Dating story is BS.
– I LOVE newsreel footage, and The Court Jeweller has some from King George VI’s 1937 coronation.
– Order of Splendor has a huge post on all of last week’s Nobel shenanigangs, including snaps I couldn’t get for our use. Tiaras!
– Hello! explores how Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden takes style inspiration from Kate. (Or, more likely, how there are only a finite number of maternity lines that provide clothing suitable for a woman in their position.)
– They also run down What’s in store for the Cambridges this Christmas? (Christmas is a VERY big plot point in The Royal We so some of these details will be familiar to you, if you read it.) They also run a similar piece in which they note that, one year, a staffer accidentally fell into the tree. COULD YOU DIE?
– This is clever, at The New Yorker: Ask King Richard III: A Political Advice Column
– This is a heart-warming story via ITV, which proves that QE2 really does read her Christmas cards.
– People examines Three Sweet (and Stylish!) Ways Kate Paid Tribute to Diana This Week
– Also at People, George is getting ready to go to nursery school. THEY GROW UP SO FAST.
[Photos: Getty, ASERUD, LISE/AFP/Getty Images, REMKO DE WAAL/AFP/Getty Images, LAURIE DIEFFEMBACQ/AFP/Getty Images, Stefan Rousseau/PA, Yui Mok/PA Wire)