WELL. This week was VERY BUSY. Aside from Wills and Kate dashing all over Manhattan for two and a half days, Princess Charlene had her twins, and all of Sweden came out with MAJOR MAJOR jewels and gowns for this little thingie they’re calling the “Nobel Prize.”
Here at GFY, we had loads of Wills & Kate. LOADS OF THEM. For example:
- Their arrival, where Kate wears A GREAT aubergine coat and they look very cheery together and then she sported perhaps the best of her black lace cocktail dresses, of which there are a multitude.
- More good coats, plus Wills and Obama talk about Dad Jeans.
- ANOTHER good coat, plus Beyonce, plus basketball, plus LeBron plus the best day of Hillary Clinton’s…well, her week, at least.
- A pink coat for the 9/11 Memorial.
- A replay of a Jenny Packham that proves the third time is the charm, helped along by hand-clutching and MAJOR JEWELS.
- And then our round-up of goofy extras and stuff I forgot and pictures I just wanted you to see.
- From Vanity Fair:Magnificent Hair and Hushed Tones: What I Learned Trailing Kate Middleton for Three Days
- Buzzfeed ranks Kate’s tour outfits. I think I agree, although I might flip flop the top two.
- Elizabeth Holmes at the Wall Street Journal did a terrific job covering the tour. Here’s her wrap-up of the fashion.
- Did we know that Kate got to meet Matthew Rhys? He’s dreamy. I hope they talked about how great The Americans is. (People)
- Even we spoke briefly to Newsweek about the trip: In short, this wasn’t a hugely newsworthy trip — after all, there’s a lot of other stuff happening in the world — but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t fun for us.
- From Berkshire to Buckingham has a gift guide for the the royal Anglophile.
- Obviously, Hello! has all the details about the new Prince and Princess of Monaco. If it were 500 years ago, someone would be ear-marking her as a possible bride for George. Thank God it doesn’t work that way anymore.
- Over in Belgium, dowager queen Fabiola’s funeral was today. (BBC)
- BREAKING: WILLS AND KATE LOVE, ORDER PIZZA.
- This is a lovely first-person account of what it was like to attend one of the Wills and Kate events this week, and chat up the Duchness. (WNYC)
- LeBron James seriously has Royals Fever. He’s posting photoshopped pics of Prince George on his Instagram. Something about that delights me. (Time)
[Photos: Getty, INF, Splash, AKM/GSI, PA Pool]