Soon — SO SOON! — summer will be over for the royals of the world and Royals Round-Up will once again be fat and happy. This week, though, we’ve got a special Blue Suit Club appearance from Crown Prince Haakon, and some nice golfing form from Crown Prince Frederik, and a good hat on Sophie Wessex, so all is not yet lost.
- You will enjoy this piece in Maclean’s detailing Fun Facts about Queen Elizabeth’s reign as she heads toward being the longest-reigning British monarch ever. TAKE THAT, QUEEN VIC.
- Rumor has it that Kate and Wills are going to be attending a state dinner in October honoring Chinese president Xi Jinping. You know what this means: TIARAS! (Hello!)
- Speaking of, let’s all read about these lost tiaras. (The Court Jeweller)
- Let’s eyeball what Queen Rania and her daughter Iman are up to. (US Weekly)
- Remember how Netflix is making The Crown, this VERY LONG and EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE series about QE2 and her prime ministers? They’ve started filming, and I have to say, it looks really good. (Although I was not wild about Claire Foy as Anne Boleyn in Wolf Hall. Here’s hoping she nails the Queen. Er, metaphorically speaking.) (The Telegraph)
- Speaking of movies, Prince Albert hopes they cast Vin Diesel as him in Gary Marshall’s new movie about Monaco’s Olympic Bobsled Team. I….also kind of hope for that, actually. (People)
- Wills went to a wedding without Kate this past weekend, and because NOTHING ELSE is happening on the royals front, somehow this is a story. You guys, she probably just had food poisoning. Sometimes people are just barfing. (Vanity Fair)
- …and, in fact, then it came out that she was never meant to go in the first place and RSPVed no. I can’t wait for actual things to start happening again. Can’t someone steal a tiara and go on the lam with her bodyguard? Are you a minor royal dying for major attention? DO SOMETHING NOW. WE NEED CONTENT. THIS IS YOUR MOMENT. (People)
- The Mirror has all the deets on Harry’s upcoming to-dos. FYI, he’s coming to Washington DC in October. I fully expect one of you to seduce him and report back, thank you very much. I WANT WEDGES ON THE GROUND, PEOPLE.
- I assume you want to see Prince Carl Philip in his race car outfit. (Royalista)
- Royalista also gets into the question of whether or not Crown Prince Vic is secretly pregnant.
- This is at the Daily Mail (I KNOW), but I promise it’s worth a click: Tragedy of the other Prince William: How the dashing but doomed young royal’s affair put the Palace in a spin.
- Tatler’s Posh Name Generator is a hoot. I’m Jolly Mountbatten-Oppenheimer! Please, introduce yourselves.